NEWS: Philips 800 Series OLED TVs come to UK in July

Has anybody got any news on what stores will be selling this item and when you can actually place an order? I'm looking at purchasing the 55OLED805
Thanks

I've always liked the Philips picture processing and ambilight ever since my days of owning their 21:9 TVs but until they start producing 77" OLED then I'm out! One can't downsize!!!

@Richard8500 I don't know why Philips, and Panasonic for that matter, don't do 77" OLEDs. I remember telling a Panasonic representative in John Lewis that about six months ago, the panels are available from LG Display, grrr!!

I wish they would make an 58” version as I can’t fit a 65 inch and 55 is ok but 3 inches does matter ;).

Neither does any other television manufacturer provide full HDMI 2.1 inputs on their 2020 televisions, not even LG.

I wish they would make an 58” version as I can’t fit a 65 inch and 55 is ok but 3 inches does matter ;).
Philips can't make a 58" OLED television if LG Display don't produce 58" OLED panels.

I’m using of 55OLED805 in HK. AI Picture quality is fantastic. But sound quality don’t expect to much.

I’m getting an extension built in August and am looking for a new TV for there. It’s no rush at all for that so I’ll wait until next year. I’m hoping that Philips will have a ‘gallery’ like TV (like LG) with HDMI 2.1 and Ambilight. That would be an instant purchase for me. But I doubt that will ever happen. LG seem to be the only ones with real differences in design styles. (Regular, gallery, wall paper, rollable)

If Philips don’t do a gallery style TV whereby you can’t see behind it, I’ll go for the LG gallery TV or wallpaper TV. The reason being is that as you walk into the new room the TV will be side on so you could see all the wires and stuff behind. (Unless it’s gallery or wallpaper) Here’s hoping!

Amazon are now listing this TV in both 55" and 65" versions for £1500 and £2200 respectively.

Both are pre-order but the release date is stated as July the 10th.

Link

Richer Sounds are currently offering a 6 year guarantee so would make it better value from them however Amazon quite often do deals on Philips TV's so fingers crossed they offer this with a discount.

Be interesting to see how long this is sold for at the RRP before it starts getting offered with some discount.

Anybody have any insider knowledge as to when a TV price is likely to drop?

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Please don't trust Richer Sounds and theirs guarantee... I've got Philips OLED 804 and It's suffering form pixel screen shift.
I'm in contact with them, but they advise it's normal to have screen cropped.
In one word - disaster

Please don't trust Richer Sounds and theirs guarantee... I've got Philips OLED 804 and It's suffering form pixel screen shift.
I'm in contact with them, but they advise it's normal to have screen cropped.
In one word - disaster

I have the 803 and it uses pixelshift as well. I'm a picky one, but after I know what it is (didn't like it in the begining) I don't see the issue as it is a "feature" to prevent burn-in, picture is cropped a few pixels on right or left now and then, as far as I know.
Is this really Philips work? Though it would be in the panel from LG.

I have the 803 and it uses pixelshift as well. I'm a picky one, but after I know what it is (didn't like it in the begining) I don't see the issue as it is a "feature" to prevent burn-in, picture is cropped a few pixels on right or left now and then, as far as I know.
Is this really Philips work? Though it would be in the panel from LG.

As far as I'm concerned it should be invisible for us, and I couldn't find any info on this matter so hard to say is it normal or not.
Could you tell when this happened to you? I have 804 since March and it occurred like a 2 weeks ago.
Have a look here Question - Philips OLED 804 - screen cropped/pixel shift
On the picture is not bad as I can see it with my own eyes.
I posted some pictures, I will be really happy if you can compare it with yours.

Cheers.

As far as I'm concerned it should be invisible for us, and I couldn't find any info on this matter so hard to say is it normal or not.
Could you tell when this happened to you? I have 804 since March and it occurred like a 2 weeks ago.
Have a look here Question - Philips OLED 804 - screen cropped/pixel shift
On the picture is not bad as I can see it with my own eyes.
I posted some pictures, I will be really happy if you can compare it with yours.

Cheers.

Hi there,

I was sorry to read your comments on this thread.

The issue you’re experiencing, consistent with the pictures of your TV you posted on your thread, is indeed actually a feature of the Philips OLED rather than a fault.

You can find more information detailed on page 86 of the user manual which explains that Pixel Shift “constantly shifts pixels position over time to reduce pixel stress. Sometimes pixel shift may result in a small portion (<1%) of picture content near screen edge bring cropped off”.

I hope this provides some reassurance, although if you’d like to discuss this further please do drop me a PM.

Many thanks

John Clayton
Operations Director
Richer Sounds

Gonna save up for one of these just to confirm btgis series doesn't come with hdmi 2.1

Hi there,

I was sorry to read your comments on this thread.

The issue you’re experiencing, consistent with the pictures of your TV you posted on your thread, is indeed actually a feature of the Philips OLED rather than a fault.

You can find more information detailed on page 86 of the user manual which explains that Pixel Shift “constantly shifts pixels position over time to reduce pixel stress. Sometimes pixel shift may result in a small portion (<1%) of picture content near screen edge bring cropped off”.

I hope this provides some reassurance, although if you’d like to discuss this further please do drop me a PM.

Many thanks

John Clayton
Operations Director
Richer Sounds

Hi,

This is really confusing then, why your webaftersales service tried to fob me off and didn't read my email properly.
I have explained everything to him the best I possibly could, but he wasn't interested in this and chose to asking me to do something that I already did (change settings, hard reset), which was posted in my email.
I think your customer service should first do some research or read carefully client emails than sending them directly to the manufacturer, because this is the fastest way.
You used to be really good, with bunch of experts not ,,google assistants", that's only my opinion so no offence.

Can you advice then, what's triggers it and why that happened right now not at the very beginning?

Thank you in advance.

Hi,

This is really confusing then, why your webaftersales service tried to fob me off and didn't read my email properly.
I have explained everything to him the best I possibly could, but he wasn't interested in this and chose to asking me to do something that I already did (change settings, hard reset), which was posted in my email.
I think your customer service should first do some research or read carefully client emails than sending them directly to the manufacturer, because this is the fastest way.
You used to be really good, with bunch of experts not ,,google assistants", that's only my opinion so no offence.

Can you advice then, what's triggers it and why that happened right now not at the very beginning?

Thank you in advance.

Thanks for the reply, although I was sorry to read your further comments.

I've sent you a PM requesting more information to help resolve this for you.

Many thanks

John Clayton
Operations Director
Richer Sounds

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom