NEWS: Philips announces new OLED+ 984 and 934 TV models

The 984 reminds me of a B&O designed TV. :)

I bet the sound on both will be superb as it's coming from Bowers & Wilkins. And will be better than anything Technics have offered on the GZ2000/1500 from Panasonic.

Looking forward to seeing and hearing what the sound performance is like on both the 984 & 934 when available. :thumbsup:

984 Wall Mounted

philipsoled984ifa-1.jpg

934 Wall Mounted

philipsoled934ifa-1.jpg

Last edited:
That is really annoying.I were just about to pull the trigger on the 804 and separate dolby atmos soundbar.The 984 has turned my head.Will have to wait and l see how good that B&W soundbar is?

Last edited:
Pocket-lint have the price of the 984 at 5499 euros.I hope that is a mistake and not a leak, as no one else seems to have the pricing info. yet.Seems quite steep if true.

All I want is a TV screen. Is there any difference in PQ between the 804 / 854 and these models?

...or you could just forego the Bowers & Wilkins bells-and-whistles, concentrate on the picture, let the AV system you've already got handle the sound with even better results and save a couple of grand.
I get that there's a market for folks who don't want to be fussed with cables, but for me a telly is all about the picture, and no telly will ever sound as good as a half-decent 5.1 system.
And those prices are pretty steep for someone who doesn't need half of the package.
Personally I'd be happy with a telly with no sound whatsoever - just a few HDMI outs, although I guess it would be commercial suicide for the manufacturer.

Really like the look of 934, does anyone know if these will support Apple Airplay 2 or Apple Homekit?

Really like the look of 934, does anyone know if these will support Apple Airplay 2 or Apple Homekit?

iOS - Home Accessories

Phillips OLEDs not on the list from Apple.

That said it is a bit of a moving beast I think. When it was originally announced, only Samsung was getting the Apple TV app, but that has since broadened out. The one thin that has remained true to the original announcement is that Homekit is not coming to Samsung TVs.

I think that any TV that will be Airplay 2 capable will also be Homekit capable too.

But anyway, nothing Phillips for now.

iOS - Home Accessories

Phillips OLEDs not on the list from Apple.

That said it is a bit of a moving beast I think. When it was originally announced, only Samsung was getting the Apple TV app, but that has since broadened out. The one thin that has remained true to the original announcement is that Homekit is not coming to Samsung TVs.

I think that any TV that will be Airplay 2 capable will also be Homekit capable too.

But anyway, nothing Phillips for now.
Thanks buddy this is what I feared, hopefully they announce something soon

They really miss a trick with these all in one Tv's. I have a Bowers and Wilkins surround sound setup. To use this as a centre channel would be a revelation as my current centre channel sits too low and far to the right as the TV is above an unused fireplace.

However, they usually don't allow audio input!

Fingers crossed this one does (although not if it's costing me an extra £2000!)

This is laughing directly at Panasonic GZ2000.

Now then, the 984 has 4-sided ambilight, which I believe is the only OLED model to do so! I don't want the soundbar but want the Philips OLED TV with 4 sided ambilight which I will be wall mounting. Is it possible to take the soundbar off? Obviously raises the question why should I be paying for the soundbar if I don't want it.....

Now then, the 984 has 4-sided ambilight, which I believe is the only OLED model to do so! I don't want the soundbar but want the Philips OLED TV with 4 sided ambilight which I will be wall mounting. Is it possible to take the soundbar off? Obviously raises the question why should I be paying for the soundbar if I don't want it.....
Ah forget it......the 984 is only available in 65 inch model! :(

I want a 55-inch Philips OLED TV with 4 sided ambilight. Keen on the ambilight to sync with Hue lights in the room. Can you put a Hue lightstrip in the 4th side and sync it with the ambilight?

The sound bar on the 984 looks to my mind as if it will get in the way of a really good experience from the 4 sided ambilight.

Anywhere to see fuller specs yet....does phillips oleds play DTS.X audio as well ?

Looking forward to reviews while "cracklegate " gets sorted on the Panasonics.

Thanks. Thinking of going for something like this to replace my home cinema surround system.
I like the fact it has a separate tweeter. I wonder if you can connect a sub?
There is a subwoofer out port so you can connect a separate sub.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom