NEWS: Philips announces OLED+935 flagship TV (Pricing added)

Prices added.

48" OLED935 £1800
55" OLED935 £2000
65" OLED935 £2700

Strange that the new Philips soundbars offer HDMI 2.1 but this tv does not...

Please do not post links to other websites in this thread. It is for conversation and discussion of the products being reported on. If you want to link to other sites for discussion, please start another thread to do that.

Now would I sell my 55" E9 and put the funds to a 55" model or perhaps even a 65" for the living room 🤔

It’s the sound setup that interests me, something that LG appear to be behind on with their Oleds (especially since ditching the e series).

I am looking at the 55” for the main bedroom.
Interesting how Philips are managing to get higher peak brightness on this years models compared to the rest apart from the Panasonic HZ2000.
Great starting price...:thumbsup:

And the sound will be superb from the B&W Sound Bar...:love:

Is it known if you can add a subwoofer to this setup using the Play-Fi that’s mentioned here and in the other article on the subject? It’s always the bass that suffers from my experience with TV sound.

Last edited:
I’m interested in a 48“ OLED due to space restrictions so I’ll wait to see how the Philips compares to the 48” models from LG and Sony. I certainly like the look of the sound system and, as always with Philips, the classy design.

Will it decode dts-x?

Good starting price. I'm interested in how the built in soundbar compares to a Sonos Arc and other high end standalone soundbars.

It's just a shame that it doesn't have the full HDMI 2.1 features for PS5/Xbox One X.
Hoping Phil gets one in for review soon.

looks like a great tv..but no full hdmi 2.1, no sale...great pricing though, hopefully pushes the other companies to push there prices down.

I am looking at the 55” for the main bedroom.
Interesting how Philips are managing to get higher peak brightness on this years models compared to the rest apart from the Panasonic HZ2000.
Great starting price...:thumbsup:

And the sound will be superb from the B&W Sound Bar...:love:

I would question whether them getting higher peak brightness is actually a good thing as they aren't doing anything to the panel - looks like they are simply tweaking the Auto Brightness Limiter.

Could be a greater chance of burn-in but of course that is just my take on it. However they must be pretty confident if they are releasing a 48" TV which will more than likely be used as a gaming/pc monitor by many.

Not having HDMI 2.1 isn’t a massive deal for me but it is slightly surprising that top level OLED’s launching 4th quarter 2020 don’t have them.

Any chance of reviewing the 48 inch of this model when they are available be interesting to see how it stacks up against the Sony and LG of the same size & the soundbar could prove a deal clincher for some.

Any chance of reviewing the 48 inch of this model when they are available be interesting to see how it stacks up against the Sony and LG of the same size & the soundbar could prove a deal clincher for some.

That’s what I’m interested in seeing, a three way comparison between the 2020 48” OLED’s. They'll probably review the 55" initially though.

Last edited:
Will there be much difference in the actual tv and the 805 that’s just been released other than the soundbar?

Will there be much difference in the actual tv and the 805 that’s just been released other than the soundbar?
4-side ambilight and the soundbar. That's it.

4-side ambilight and the soundbar. That's it.

Apparently the processor is further improved compared to the other 2020 Philips OLED's. It was mentioned in a recent review and in the AV Forums article;

"With a philosophy of continuous improvement, the OLED+935 sees a second dedicated AI chip added to the 4th Gen P5 processor to offer a new enhanced version of the AI system, called the new Intelligent Dual Engine".

PPI (Picture Performance Index) is a rating that Philips have developed for their TVs that takes into account the model's motion, sharpness and contrast performance. Whether you can actually see a difference in a side by side comparison is another matter. In reality, the choice is between a TV with a soundbar and a TV without one.

Having an older Philips oled - still great and great in all light conditions - I see that Philips is back in the top of the best league. Sound wise I guess you need to look at b&o to get better and in terms of picture I find mine very good and this must be even somewhat better so must match the best. Personally I "need" ambilight. Ok HDMI 2.1 not implemented (couldn't care less), but many do so that will lower sales.

Does Ambilight work with the TV located in a corner of the room or does it have to be up against a flat wall to function properly?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom