NEWS: Philips TV and Bowers & Wilkins extend partnership

Are these TVs really selling well?

Probably not. I mean unless you're an absolute baller then I suspect the 984 didn't sell all too good. Mind you it's dropped in price significantly as of late but I couldn't get past the terrible remote that comes with it.

I am such a sucker for an all in one though and with the new improved premium remote I could well be swayed. Yes the details count 😆

I’ll be getting a new TV October ish time. I’ll probably end up with the LG GX series.

I like the idea of the Ambilight option and theirs P5 processing. But I prefer the GX / W series of the LG and that they come with HDMI 2.1.

If only Philips did an LG gallery style TV with Ambilight and HDMI 2.1. I’d definitely go for that.

Not sure where what philips is aiming at, but considering audiophiles tend to have their own kit see it as pointless waste since it wont have any useful functions as sonos etc...
It would be better to be as an option.
Rather than spending value on sound they could actually look into improving hardware as already mentioned hdmi 2.1, improving connectivity gigabit lan, wifi, ram, cpu/gpu chip and android platform! finally hire some decent developers to polish up firmware and get rid of bugs.
With smart tv's emerging so fast fluid gui and user experience is vital especially in top range kit!

Had hopes that 9435 would have improvements to platform against 2019 models, but looks like they use same hardware just different panel so minimal reason to upgrade:(

When are Philips announcement for there TV with hdmi 2.1 meant to be soon.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom