NEWS: Samsung launches Q950TS 8K QLED in Europe

Samsung have been on a downhill for few years. It's a shame they are yet to produce a single TV in the past few years that can go head to head with an OLED or even older flagship LED-LCDs

All this talk about 2000 nits, 4000 nits etc. Just ask what most of the professional calibrators own and that will tell the truth which most videophiles prefer

Samsung have been on a downhill for few years. It's a shame they are yet to produce a single TV in the past few years that can go head to head with an OLED or even older flagship LED-LCDs

All this talk about 2000 nits, 4000 nits etc. Just ask what most of the professional calibrators own and that will tell the truth which most videophiles prefer

Your posts dont contribute to anything we discuss here. Even more - why spend time to post negative stuff when you could ignore it ? Vote with your wallet and move on.

Troll confirmed!!

Just like the well reviewed Q70 upwards? And your info was off base as it didn’t include the Q95 or the other 8K tv. You said the range was topping out at the Q90
I never said that at all, anywhere....
And I never claimed it to be my info either. Links were provided.

Troll confirmed!!
I don't see how he's trolling. It's quite true. Samsung's 2019 and 2020 fald TVs are pretty shit compared to the Sony ZD9 and the Panasonic DX902. And those TVs are about 3 to 4yrs old. I own the Q90R and the Panasonic DX902. And the only area the Q90R is better is in its anti reflective screen technology and viewing angles are very slightly better. Everything else the Panasonic slays it.

Back in reality OLED peaked 2 years ago and QLED is getting better year by year just read the reviews!

I don't see how he's trolling. It's quite true. Samsung's 2019 and 2020 fald TVs are pretty sh*t compared to the Sony ZD9 and the Panasonic DX902. And those TVs are about 3 to 4yrs old. I own the Q90R and the Panasonic DX902. And the only area the Q90R is better is in its anti reflective screen technology and viewing angles are very slightly better. Everything else the Panasonic slays it.
Ok and continues to go backwards and forwards, repeating the ssme old. We get his point about samsung. Know one on this forum forgets that easily. Right or wrong he jumps on the same subject with the same jabs

Last edited:
Troll confirmed!!

Of course knock the door of calibrators and let me know how much of them actually use an LED-LCD as their main TV.

Btw I now own a Panasonic DX902 and not an OLED anymore.

Care to back that statement up?

Like OLEDs unable to maintain sustained peak brightness due to panel limitations, LED-LCDS cannot hold on to 0 cd/m2 for more.thsn few seconds if they can ever do that. After that you have to get used to haloing, washed out peak highlights etc. Because of poor tone mapping and not following the PQ-EOTF curve correctly which the current Samsungs are infamous for.

The only TV tech that can offer balanced overall PQ is an OLED and it won't last longer when MicroLED becomes mainstream.

Ok and continues to go backwards sbd forwards, repeating the ssme old. We get hos point about samsung. Know one on this forum forget that easily. Right ot wrong he jumps on the same subject with the same jabs

Like you are always talking about colour volume. It's how you perceive things my friend.

Like OLEDs unable to maintain sustained peak brightness due to panel limitations, LED-LCDS cannot hold on to 0 cd/m2 for more.thsn few seconds if they can ever do that. After that you have to get used to haloing, washed out peak highlights etc. Because of poor tone mapping and not following the PQ-EOTF curve correctly which the current Samsungs are infamous for.

The only TV tech that can offer balanced overall PQ is an OLED and it won't last longer when MicroLED becomes mainstream.
I can’t say I have noticed anything wrong with the black levels on our Samsung’s and they look on par with my old LG 65e6v OLED TV, whereas the current OLEDs eg my LG 65c9 TV doesn’t look as good as my old LG 65e6 TV. You do realise Steve Withers said in his review of the Samsung 75Q950R it’s a real contender for best TV of the year, why would he say this if not true? And if you like bright TVs like me of course you are going to prefer it over OLED.

Of course knock the door of calibrators and let me know how much of them actually use an LED-LCD as their main TV.

Btw I now own a Panasonic DX902 and not an OLED anymore.
I haven't got time to knock on people's doors, i would if i didn't had to answer to you. I thought originally tvs are there for peoples usage and what works for them. When we see statements like an 480 zones has true blacks thats a worry to start off with. We could spend all our time bitching because we can't agree and backtrack on the same old subjects, or just try to help each other. Its what this forum is about

Care to back that statement up?

Without problem. Q950 ANSI contrast - 6905 : 1 vs infinite on OLED. It's a huge difference. Only self-emissive display like OLED or MicroLED can shut every pixel off completely and show 0 light leakage or true blacks. Q950 is far worse in that respect. It can not compete even with some best LCD.

Without problem. Q950 ANSI contrast - 6905 : 1 vs infinite on OLED. It's a huge difference. Only self-emissive display like OLED or MicroLED can shut every pixel off completely and show 0 light leakage or true blacks. Q950 is far worse in that respect. It can not compete even with some best LCD.
So why do the black levels on this Samsung look identical to the LG C8 in this video review then:

And like I say it’s brighter than OLED by some way, so QLED is the winner if you like bright TVs instead of dull ones.

You are basically quoting statistics that the human eye cannot see in side by side comparisons, or if there is a difference it’s so small.

So why do the black levels on this Samsung look identical to the LG C8 in this video review then:

You can not say it exactly only relying on video.

You are basically quoting statistics that the human eye cannot see in side by side comparisons, or if there is a difference it’s so small.

It is false. Human eyes easily see difference in dark environment

For example Sony 100Z9D has ANSI contrast about 30000:1, 1000 local zones and black level 0.004. It is much better than Samsung and really close to OLED

It's always good to remember in these conversations that people don't have nowhere near identical vision. Some people are practically blind, including night vision. It's entirely possible some people don't see difference between 1:6000 and oled, while for others it's literally night and day difference.

That’s true because I saw a difference between OLED and QLED when I first got the Samsung in a dark environment but watching the majority of content on my QLED I cannot tell anymore and for example on dynamic or natural mode the blacks light up making them look more intensified. I can honestly say I find OLED black levels and QLED to be no difference and I don’t miss not having an OLED in my main setup. I got the LG 65C9 in one of our lounges and I have not watched a single movie on it because the QLED looks way better.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom