NEWS: Sky announces combined Sky Sports and BT Sport packages

So if you have a separate contract with BT just to watch BT Sport on Sky TV you can now contact Sky to get this brought over to them?

Will this be in UHD?
And any word on HDR?
I would imagine that UHD & HDR - BT call Ultimate iirc - would be reserved for the BT box....I guess we’ll find out soon enough!

Last edited:
It would be good to know if paying for BT Sport via Sky also allows you to watch via an app that also includes UHD and HDR. Unless I've missed it in the article.

Some people that are watching BT Sport via the Sky platform and paying direct to BT also pay extra to be able to use an app that allows them to watch in UHD and HDR via another device.

I’ll be interested to see what the NOW TV offering is as I would be happier to move from contract for sports channels and tv in general.

So if you have a separate contract with BT just to watch BT Sport on Sky TV you can now contact Sky to get this brought over to them?
No, taken from Get BT Sport on your Sky box | Sky Help
“What if I already have BT Sport with BT?

If you sign up for BT Sport with Sky but you already pay BT for BT Sport, we can delay your activation for 30 days. This gives you time to cancel BT Sport with BT and move your billing over to Sky.

If you take BT Sport with Sky but don’t cancel your subscription with BT, you’ll be billed twice – once by BT, once by Sky. We won’t be able to offer you any refunds if you get billed twice, so make sure you check your contract with BT and cancel your existing BT Sport subscription as soon as you take BT Sport with Sky.”

I could have done with that not being the case as my BT contract runs until October.:(

Can anyone find these deals on Sky’s website? All I can find is a stand-alone add BT sport option for £25 that I just posted about. I realise it’s day one, but can they not even manage to update their website??

No, taken from Get BT Sport on your Sky box | Sky Help
“What if I already have BT Sport with BT?

If you sign up for BT Sport with Sky but you already pay BT for BT Sport, we can delay your activation for 30 days. This gives you time to cancel BT Sport with BT and move your billing over to Sky.

If you take BT Sport with Sky but don’t cancel your subscription with BT, you’ll be billed twice – once by BT, once by Sky. We won’t be able to offer you any refunds if you get billed twice, so make sure you check your contract with BT and cancel your existing BT Sport subscription as soon as you take BT Sport with Sky.”

I could have done with that not being the case as my BT contract runs until October.:(
My contract with BT runs until Nov 2021! Just tried to cancel it with BT but they would want £400.

Can anyone find these deals on Sky’s website? All I can find is a stand-alone add BT sport option for £25 that I just posted about. I realise it’s day one, but can they not even manage to update their website??
They have updated their website...you just gotta dig a bit...

My contract with BT runs until Nov 2021! Just tried to cancel it with BT but they would want £400.
Ouch.
There’s a lot to be said for dumping contracts altogether with Now TV on a month by month basis and if needed the month by month BT sport app, although the combined BT TV/ Now TV VIP package for £60 looks very attractive at first sight. 2 year contract though.

Last edited:
Called Sky - BT is HD only.
Adding BT Sport would be an extra £17 on my bill (part of the Sky Sports / BT Sports bundle offer).
Not going to bother

Called Sky - BT is HD only.
Adding BT Sport would be an extra £17 on my bill (part of the Sky Sports / BT Sports bundle offer).
Not going to bother
Did they offer any of the bundle prices in the article?
£47 for the entertainment, Sky sports and BT sport bundle would be a nice saving for me.
On the other hand, just offering to add £17 to your existing bill ain’t good enough by a long way.

Didn’t need to dig. It’s updated now. :D
Not on my web browser it’s not. I can see it in the small print but it’s not there to select. Just the £25 no contract plan.

Not on my web browser it’s not. I can see it in the small print but it’s not there to select. Just the £25 no contract plan.
Looking at it again, the £47 one is there, but I can’t find the £35 one anywhere. If I sign in everything except the £25 one disappears. Products and packages takes me to a page not found.
The website is very slow to respond too.
Its almost as if they don’t want existing customers to know there are better deals around. Surely not?:)

Looking at it again, the £47 one is there, but I can’t find the £35 one anywhere. If I sign in everything except the £25 one disappears. Products and packages takes me to a page not found.
The website is very slow to respond too.
Its almost as if they don’t want existing customers to know there are better deals around. Surely not?:)
Their website is creaking tonight. I took out a monthly pass for BT sport direct with BT the other night. Funny thing is it’s not listed on my BT account so I can’t cancel it. What I don’t like about BT app is the scores are plastered all over the place so if you want to catch a replay you know who wins. The HDR pic is superb though played through my Apple TV. I would prefer the record function over HDR so the BT app will be cancelled.

If you really want BT Sport on minibox (I was told you could get it on main and 1 minibox at same time by Sky agent a couple of weeks ago, mind you he told me there would be some Bt football in 4k on Sky, which doesnt appear to be true) it might be worth it, but im sticking with plusnet for tme being and hoping there will be some offers on BT Sport package later this year.

The Sky guy did make it very clear that there was no option to take the BT package on a contract (to get a discount, i hoped) unless it was with Sky Sports.

The problem is, if you are only interested in the football, it’s 18 months tie-in of which no more than 10 months show PL and CL, so not a great deal. I’m better off forgoing the PL and streaming via VPN at $3 per game for CL via Bleacher Sports App on the ATV.

Did they offer any of the bundle prices in the article?
£47 for the entertainment, Sky sports and BT sport bundle would be a nice saving for me.
On the other hand, just offering to add £17 to your existing bill ain’t good enough by a long way.

They mentioned something about bundles, but the net result was all current channels + BT would be £17 more. It's £25 on the app, and that is 4k hdr if I play it on the xbox.

The Spurs match looked great in HDR. That’s my first and only experience of that. Disappointing the highlights clips on the app are a very poor quality SD.

Despite being retired and with a fair amount of time on my hands, I am now beginning to suffer from "programme overload" and I am simply overwhelmed with channels and programmes to watch (Amazon Prime and Sky big bundle or whatever it is called). I would like to think I can do other things and activities rather than consume ever increasing amounts of content, however good, sat in front of "the box"........

Anyone else have similar feelings?

I’m in the middle of a contract with BT Sport. Consolidating everything via Sky and getting to watch BT Sport on Sky Q miniboxes / multiroom is of interest though.

But will BT allow me to do this ie. exit their contract, without penalties? I’d still be a BT Sport subscriber surely, just via Sky :cool:

I’m in the middle of a contract with BT Sport. Consolidating everything via Sky and getting to watch BT Sport on Sky Q miniboxes / multiroom is of interest though.

But will BT allow me to do this ie. exit their contract, without penalties? I’d still be a BT Sport subscriber surely, just via Sky :cool:
Doesn’t look like it. Scroll back up the page to post 9. @google was quoted £400 to cancel.
No harm in giving them a call though.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom