NEWS: Sky announces combined Sky Sports and BT Sport packages

Good spot, I should pay more attention. I’ll call BT and see what they say.
I hope its good news.
Let us know what they say.

Going to do some more research into this, but I signed up literally a few days ago for BT Sport standalone through the app. i don't have BT Tv/Broadband, even a phone line so this was the only way i could get BT Sport. I'd have been looking to sign up for Sky sports through Now TV come the start of next years football season anyway so this could bode well, hopefully....

Edit: on initial reading doesn't look liike it'll be of any benefit to me, which sucks. Don't really want to pay another £30 a month for sport. £25 a month for football and Moto GP I don't mind, but fingers crossed for a deal at the start of the season!

Last edited:
The Spurs match looked great in HDR. That’s my first and only experience of that. Disappointing the highlights clips on the app are a very poor quality SD.
Out of interest, is it in 4K HDR or 1080p HDR? There seems to be some confusion as to how you can watch BTs HDR content.

Out of interest, is it in 4K HDR or 1080p HDR? There seems to be some confusion as to how you can watch BTs HDR content.
It’s 4K HDR via the BT Sports app, just watched the Chelsea v Spurs game, superb quality.

I can only find the £25 standalone deal. Can’t get through on the online chat either.....

I reckon the stand alone deal is better. Select it for about 6 months of the year depending on your interest.

On the phone for just over an hour, as no offer apart from the stand-alone BT £25 is on the website for an existing customer.

First chap could only see £25 offer but said don't worry, Value Team will know all about it. Chap there couldn't see anything either but knew a team who should, and might give him a code to process combined deal I told him was in press release. Yep given code ..... .. but didn't work. But, he would process it manually, and existing discounts on Netflix and H D would remain until expiring.

All good except a £20 re-contract fee. But overall happy, saves phoning when existing discounts run out, and a better deal than I currently had.

Went for the £25 with no contract offer. Only HD initially on one HD+ multi-room, main box and other multi-room were only SD.
Got through quite quickly and was asked "how did I know no HD available":rolleyes:. Anyway all 100% now.

Like MotoGP but will cancel after the season.....................probably.

No offer for me, just logged in and BT sport £25. At the moment my Sky bill is £32 a month after a comeback to sky offer last year for sport, movies and entertainment all in. I am paying £15 for an add on BT sport at the moment through EE mobile but it would be nice to have it all one place. My BT broadband fibre is £29 after ending the BT TV last year costing me £23:eek: also my wife hated the BT remote.

Anyone know if this would work through Sky Go?

I watch via Sky Go 99% of the time so if it does I could get my parents to add to their bundle (I’d pay, obviously) so I can take advantage.

I watch via Sky Go 99% of the time so if it does I could get my parents to add to their bundle (I’d pay, obviously) so I can take advantage.

According to the article it is available on Sky Go.

No thanks I get BT sport for £6 per month and HD for free

Same here.

I can confirm it works on Sky Go

I'm guessing you also get access on BT Sports mobile App?

Just phoned Sky about this deal. New 18 month contract for £35 per month, fair enough. However, if you cancel you have to pay to get out the contract. It is also a new contract for your entire package, not just sport so you can’t change any part of your package in the 18 months. For me, the no contract standalone £25 a month from BT during the football season is a better deal. Particularly if you can use the BT Sport app and cast it to a big TV.

Last edited:
The Apple TV App is superb especially the Ultimate content.

If you get the deal via sky can you still use the BT app say on the Apple TV or iPad?

No single place to get uhd Bt and sky together, still have to buy from them separately 😞

No single place to get uhd Bt and sky together, still have to buy from them separately 😞
I'm guessing BT will not want to give away something that is a USP of their own product to a third party. So it's very unlikely BT Sports UHD will ever appear on Sky or Virgin.

I'm guessing BT will not want to give away something that is a USP of their own product to a third party. So it's very unlikely BT Sports UHD will ever appear on Sky or Virgin.
I’m sure BT Sport is available on Virgin in UHD. Just checked it is, so not a USP.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom