NEWS: Sony 2020 8K LED and 48-inch OLED TV prices leaked

"the Japanese TV giant did however officially release the prices of its mid level 4K XH90 range recently and details on those can be found here. "
'Here' doesn't link anywhere and I can't find anyway to see those other prices noted please?

£1500 for the 48" is pushing it a little...

I know the price will drop in/over the coming generations time, but you'd need to be REALLY desperate for an OLED to pay that for a 48".

To be fair, well lower than the Samsung prices!

It will be interesting to see how retail pricing goes n the next few months, here in Australia the drop in retail buying was 18%, the expectation was 10% after the earlier period of COVID-19 panic buying.
How this relates to the UK or the money available for consumers to spend on luxuries like TV's will be interesting to see, but I cant see that there will be that many high end TV's sold in the short to medium term, which could see stores offering price cuts to keep a cash flow going. Sony, like other brands, will not want product stock accumulating unsold in warehouses.

For 48inch this is expensive.

"the Japanese TV giant did however officially release the prices of its mid level 4K XH90 range recently and details on those can be found here. "
'Here' doesn't link anywhere and I can't find anyway to see those other prices noted please?
Hi tickedon, apologies - link now added.

After looking at the Sony A8h on Spare Changes channel, I am as always really impressed with what they have done, but I really don't see a market for the 48inch if it doesn't have certain gaming features like LG has, this is the real selling point of these TVs.
Pc Monitor replacement, Gaming Tv is I think is the market for 48inch,
Sure the pixel density is going to make an excellent picture but the Sony A8h 55icnh is $1899, it's a no brainer for me on what to choose

After looking at the Sony A8h on Spare Changes channel, I am as always really impressed with what they have done, but I really don't see a market for the 48inch if it doesn't have certain gaming features like LG has, this is the real selling point of these TVs.
Sure the pixel density is going to make an excellent picture but the Sony A8h 55icnh is $1899, it's a no brainer for me on what to choose
Pc monitor...i dont think so,because of pixel degradation rtings.com this time didnt put on list even one oled.
I belive soon will happen with game usage recomendations same thing...

There is a quite decent difference in size between 48" and 55". And this is a good thing. My parents would never accept a 55" TV (it would just be too big for the space they like to have their TV in), but I might just be able to convince them to get a 48" next time they are in the market!

To be fair, well lower than the Samsung prices!
That's exactly what i just thought. Considering you can get a 55" OLED for around the £1000 mark. But then considerably cheaper than Samsung's offerings, much more feature packed with better image quality too. I was expecting a 48" OLED to be cheap around the £800 mark.

It’s a shame they didn’t make a 65 inch version of the ZH8.

That's exactly what i just thought. Considering you can get a 55" OLED for around the £1000 mark. But then considerably cheaper than Samsung's offerings, much more feature packed with better image quality too. I was expecting a 48" OLED to be cheap around the £800 mark.
It's is not/barely cheaper to produce a 48' panel compared to a 55", they already mentioned that when they were still in the consideration stage. It has only been produced purely for the size aspect so no point in dragging 55" prices into the discussion. But had the RRP/MSRP been higher than a 55", that would have been a 'o_O?!'.

£1500 for the 48" is pushing it a little...

I know the price will drop in/over the coming generations time, but you'd need to be REALLY desperate for an OLED to pay that for a 48".

This is being pushed as a gaming TV. If you look at the cost of these so-called high end HDR monitors, the launch price of the 48 is okay.

Also its being launched for the first time and LG Display have probably invested in a separate production line to produce them. So its going to be high to start with and will gradually go down in price.

Btw, that a good price for the 85ZG9. Wondering how many zones it has and how the picture quality is?

Not sure how I would get 85ZG9 up the stairs? Tempting though :D

Knock stairs down telly in refit stairs I have just moved thought about 85 inch but found out it won't fit so will have to stay with 75 inch also mrs would divorce me but also it will save me money when I do upgrade but if you have room a big good quality telly is a must

I'm looking to buy a 48" oled for the bedroom but there is no way I'm wasting £1600 on one, they should have been launched at under £1000. I'm just going to wait until they drop.

The 48" Sony with its acoustic surface could be quite good as a premium-quality compact TV that does not require a separate sound system or a soundbar - I doubt many purchasers of that size set will really want to have a separate sound system if they can avoid it.

But I think it needs to drop under 1000€ (or £1000 in the UK ;) ) to really fit that niche. The end of the year pricing will be interesting, I believe the LG will drop in price but I am not quite as sure about the Sony.

The 8k 85" ZH8 TV (@ £9K) was listed on RicherSounds website a couple of weeks ago, with ZG9 at £7k, then the ZH8 disappeared and the ZG9 went up to £8k. Now they are both listed at £9k and £8k respectively, the ZH8 listed as "register your interest" and ZG9 as available to buy.

This is being pushed as a gaming TV. If you look at the cost of these so-called high end HDR monitors, the launch price of the 48 is okay.

Also its being launched for the first time and LG Display have probably invested in a separate production line to produce them. So its going to be high to start with and will gradually go down in price.

Btw, that a good price for the 85ZG9. Wondering how many zones it has and how the picture quality is?
The LG perhaps, the Sony is barely even mentioned in the media. The purpose was simply a smaller size for European demand, not gaming.
The 48" is also somewhat of a by-product (earlier speculation I read had 48 and 65" cut from the same sheet), so no new production line specifically for 48" but a new production line nevertheless:
The price is simply not high compared to last year's models RRP. I probably expected worse given Sony gave it a 9 series modelname :laugh:. Definitely expect it to touch the €1000 mark by the end of the year over here ...
Expecting a launch price of £1000 is only for those who have been sleeping under a rock since the invention of electricity or something.

At the Guangzhou factory, LG Display will for the first time utilize a so-called MMG (multi-model glass) production method, allowing it to cut different sized OLED panels from the same 8.5G substrate. Specifically, the company is planning to cut 77-inch and 48-inch panels from the same substrate.

Considering you can get 55" oled TVs for £1000 a real price of under £1000 should have been done and no some of us don't sleep under rocks they just don't like throwing money away. like I said I can wait and if the lemmings want to jump off the cliff and pay for an over priced tv then go ahead.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom