NEWS: Sony 48-inch MASTER series A9 OLED TV ready to pre-order

Interesting in that I wonder what make of panel Sony are using, LG? Not so interesting is the price. IMO, it's simply too expensive for a TV that size.

£1799 for a 48” TV😱. In the current economic and financial climate, the only people in the UK who will be able to afford it are those with guaranteed jobs and gold plated pensions.

£300 more expensive than the LG 48 inch OLED. Absolutely hate Android TV on my Sony XF90 and love WebOS on my LG B6 OLED so it's a hard no from me. Especially if LG does add the UK catch-up apps. Can't see my buying another Sony again and I used to love the brand.

I rate my Sony 4K player, so much so that I’m getting another one next week. My Sony HD TVs have been brilliant, and are still going strong. The Android O/S on Sony TVs was definitely a mistake and it, and a lack of apps. like NowTV are deal-breakers for me.

If I was in the market for a small 48" oled and wanted it soon I'd gladly pay £300 more for that Sony motion processing.
Wonder what BF prices will be though.. If stock is plentiful of both, I imagine the lg to be a good bit under 1k while the Sony will probably be around 1399-1499, may make the choice harder (for me).
The majority of people will just get the lower priced lg though.

Are Sony insisting on low latency DV still, or have they finally developed a processor that can handle it the same way as everyone else?

It's pricey for sure, but in fairness to the Sony, it's more of a 48GX-esque set, if they did a 48A8H, that would be closer to the 48CX.

THAT PRICE is...........INSANE !!!!:eek::eek::eek:

£1799 for a 48” TV😱. In the current economic and financial climate, the only people in the UK who will be able to afford it are those with guaranteed jobs and gold plated pensions.
can you explain in a simpler way what better about this tv than other

Wish this was going to be cheaper but Sony do price their sets above LG and depending on who’s reviews you prefer may be worth it depending on your own use. While we could squeeze a 55” tv in to the space we have 48” wouldn’t dominate the small lounge as much. I won’t buy until there are some comparisons between Sony’s and LG’s offerings as both are a considerable investment and will only buy from John Lewis so I can get their warranty.

Wish this was going to be cheaper but Sony do price their sets above LG and depending on who’s reviews you prefer may be worth it depending on your own use. While we could squeeze a 55” tv in to the space we have 48” wouldn’t dominate the small lounge as much. I won’t buy until there are some comparisons between Sony’s and LG’s offerings as both are a considerable investment and will only buy from John Lewis so I can get their warranty.
Well Sony will certainly have the better up scaling and motion, but with the LG screen been fairly small it may not be so obvious ?

can you explain in a simpler way what better about this tv than other
The Sony motion handling & upscaling will normally be better
Some of that £300 or whatever it is extra you're paying for over an LG also for the Sony name

Plus LG can sell there OLED's cheaper due to other brands having to buy there OLED panels from LG so that will make there OLED TV's cost more to build then LG

Last edited:
Feels like it should have been £300 cheaper than the LG 48cx and even the lg is £200-300 too much as it is.

Few articles around the net pin songs oled release end of August.

simplyelectronics say its got hdmi 2.1 but that could be pre specs and incorrect till its on shelves.

trusted suggested some places may put a place holder price of 1699 also.

I am intrigued to see if the sony motion really is better than the LGs since I watch fast-paced sports with UFC and MMA so left wondering if its worth that extra £300, I don't game either.

I am intrigued to see if the sony motion really is better than the LGs since I watch fast-paced sports with UFC and MMA so left wondering if its worth that extra £300, I don't game either.
Also another great thing the Sony has is the "Acoustic Surface" plus TV's looks far better with no speakers showing ;)
Sound performance is not compromised with Sony's revolutionary new sound technology that transmits sound from the screen itself. The exclusive technology called "Acoustic Surface" resonates the entire screen of the Sony BRAVIA KD48A9 4K TV, Pair this with the Subwoofers hidden away in the rear of the TV and Dolby Atmos support and you have the richest sound experience from a TV to date.
Yes it no match to an AV 5.1 or 7.1 setup but it great for them times when you no want all the AV setup turned on..

Last edited:
Plus LG can sell there OLED's cheaper due to other brands having to buy there OLED panels from LG so that will make there OLED TV's cost more to build then LG
I think even if Sony could get the panels for less than LG and they would still charge more for the tv, It's the Sony way :D

I think even if Sony could get the panels for less than LG and they would still charge more for the tv, It's the Sony way :D
But if someone tells me they just bought an LG and wall mounted it, I start scratching my head wondering why they wall mounted a washing machine or fridge :laugh::laugh:

But if someone tells me they just bought an LG and wall mounted it, I start scratching my head wondering why they wall mounted a washing machine or fridge :laugh::laugh:
I still think of LG as lucky goldstar the crappy cheap tv manufacturer :thumbsdow :rotfl: And I have 3 of their oleds:laugh:

I guess like skoda cars always got a ripping when I was young (in the same boat as LADA cars).. Look at them now though, some real smart ones.. (I know they were taken over but the name kinda sticks)

I still think of LG as lucky goldstar with crappy cheap tv manufacturer :thumbsdow :rotfl: AndI have 3 of their oleds:laugh:

I guess like skoda cars always got a ripping when I was young (in the same boat as LADA cars).. Look at them now though, some real smart ones.. (I know they were taken over but the name kinda sticks)
Am the same.which is one the big reasons i didn't buy an LG as i can't get that cheap gold star supermarket brand out my head
Plus my sister had a few LG plasma TV's which didn't last more then a few years each

I still won't buy a Skoda :rotfl::rotfl:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom