NEWS: Sony PS5 design finally revealed

Could you imagine if it's not 🤣🤣

Agree. They're basically saying 40cm. I think this is wrong, based on most of the estimate I've seen it appears to be more like 35/36cm, which would be 14"

But tbh we won't really know until it's in the hands of reviewers and/or Sony have given us official dimensions. Extrapolating on a USB port is a useful approximation but that's all it is, and given it's an extrapolation on something quite small a small deviation on that can multiply up.

To be honest I think it’s a bit strange Sony hasn’t told us the actual dimensions yet.

Not sure if real but saw on Twitter earlier

View attachment 1319635

So FYI this one has been redone using the size of the USB port.

The one on the left is the one you posted and you can see how the USB has been obviously enlarged.

2VIN4i9.png

New price listing on Amazon France 499 euro with launch date of 20th Nov.

I saw a video on that, nov 20th 399/499
Sounds good, I was expecting 450 for de but theres time yet. I don’t think they’d dare go over 500.

that was posted a few days ago.

as i said i'm sticking with £399.99 and £499.99 it just feels right, wish they would just announce it so i can get my pre order in and forget about it.

I saw a video on that, nov 20th 399/499
Sounds good, I was expecting 450 for de but theres time yet. I don’t think they’d dare go over 500.

It does sound like a more realistic price, 399 for the digital version if indeed true is good starting point, i was expecting around 450 price too.

Seen several images now and to me the Disc version looks good horizontal, the disc bulge being on the bottom looks fine. The digital version looks better vertical..

that was posted a few days ago.

as i said i'm sticking with £399.99 and £499.99 it just feels right, wish they would just announce it so i can get my pre order in and forget about it.
You are expecting a 25% higher price for a physical drive? I would be very surprised at that. £50 more is plenty. If it is £100 more I would just not bother getting a PS5 at all as a drive does not justify that kind of higher price.

Amazon France have confirmed that is fake and nothing to do with them

That PS5 price and release date 'leak' on Amazon is fake – here's proof

They're literally all fake until the price is announced. I'm pretty sure that the first retailers will get to know is once it has been announced. These 'leaks' would re-inforce that opinion too as I wouldn't trust them to know.

that usb comparision image is gone too far the other way, the CD slot looks like its for mini disc when you compare them. so its been made too small, I think usb is too small to make a good comparision, if you make a 1 mm mistake on something that small it is a large percentage of a usb socket, introduces too much inaccuracy. By the way using the same compate using the 1st massive PS5 image shows its about as too big as this one is two small so the real size based on this is between the two images.

1592496531901.png

Last edited:
Of course the PS5 being compared in those pics isn’t even the real one. The USB is in the wrong place completely.

Until you run out of storage. Literally chopping and changing my games library each week to have to make space for new downloads. Having to do it today again with the release of Project Warlock. Bloody Game Pass has spoiled me.

XCloud's official release can't come fast enough.
And imagine with all those 4k textures and cutscenes fitting on that tiny 840gb internal drive..

It's very tall :eek:

Attachments

• image0.png
    image0.png
    719.4 KB · Views: 85
Fake or not, it looks good from that angle. The colour looks good and I’d be more into a “slab” design. I just can’t get into the asymmetrical flared side of things (yet) though the looks obviously aren’t a deal breaker and I’ll deffo be getting a PS5 at some point.

You are expecting a 25% higher price for a physical drive? I would be very surprised at that. £50 more is plenty. If it is £100 more I would just not bother getting a PS5 at all as a drive does not justify that kind of higher price.

It's not a case of them adding another £100 for a drive though, as opposed to them potentially being prepared to take a bigger cost hit on a digital version as they'll recoup more money back having owners locked into the ecosystem digitally.

It's not a case of them adding another £100 for a drive though, as opposed to them potentially being prepared to take a bigger cost hit on a digital version as they'll recoup more money back having owners locked into the ecosystem digitally.
It is irrelevant how they arrive at their price, the actual price is the point. As I said, I will be very surprised if there is a $100/£100 difference in price. More likely somewhere closer to $50/£50

It is irrelevant how they arrive at their price, the actual price is the point. As I said, I will be very surprised if there is a $100/£100 difference in price. More likely somewhere closer to $50/£50

I agree, i think the difference will be 50 also, but wouldnt be surprised if they did take a bigger hit for digital.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom