NEWS: Sony XH95 flagship LED TV price and availability announced

Thank you Andy Bassett for the article!
it's almost the same price all over europe!
now we are waiting for the reviews (55,65 or 75 ").

It's not clear if the 85" model can also have its feet in the inner position?

Nice prices, especially for the 85" model relative to the 75" model, but it all depends on how good the televisions are, after proper review by AVForums or elsewhere.

55"+ has Ips like contrast with low amount of ld zones (when compared to the zf9/zg9) sounds like a recipe for disaster for someone who is a videophile. But time will tell whether or not this is true.

It's not clear if the 85" model can also have its feet in the inner position?

Nice prices, especially for the 85" model relative to the 75" model, but it all depends on how good the televisions are, after proper review by AVForums or elsewhere.

No, the 85" has a fixed stand like the 49". It also apparently has slightly worse sound than the other models (except for 49" which has the worst) - it doesn't get the additional 2 x 5W woofers or the X-Balanced speaker.

All the reviews so far have only been for the 49" which is less featured than the bigger models, so I wouldn't base anything on that yet. See what they say about the new models.

Well I love the picture on my Sony 55HX853, can't see this being anything other than an upgrade surely? I believe that has a native contrast of 2,000 - 1

Looking forward to reviews of the 55 inch now that Samsungs 2020 line up has no improvement of its 55 4ks.

Anyone got one from John Lewis yet ?
not yet available at John Lewis below 85 inches!
here are other sellers:

It will be interesting to see if Sony's XH95 is an improvement on last years XG95 model.
The XG95's blooming didn't bother me, neither did the faint dirty screen shadow at each corner of the 65" panel, but the operating system and sound loss issues took a while to fix, reading a few forums helped there, but it's still not 100%.
In my opinion Sony needs to get it's act together or they will succumb to the manufacturing dominance of China and Korea, if Sony have no further interest in developing state of the art picture technology able to counter Samsung, LG or TCL, they may become just a memory as a TV manufacturer four or five years from now.

Flagship but without HDMI 2.1 :facepalm:

I haven't looked but I presume the Sony oleds have 2.1? If yes, another example of Sony trying to push consumers to OLED. I'm so disappointed they didn't build on the superb XE9305.

I haven't looked but I presume the Sony oleds have 2.1? If yes, another example of Sony trying to push consumers to OLED. I'm so disappointed they didn't build on the superb XE9305.

No, none of the 4K Sony OLEDs have HDMI 2.1, much to a lot of disappointment (like many other top tier brands also besides LG). There is a rumour the replacement for AG9 (AH9) will have it, but nothing has been said yet about this potential model by Sony - and if so, likely to be pushed to next year now.

A9H is September realease I'm told, I was going to buy AG9 but I was told to wait for it

A9H is September realease I'm told, I was going to buy AG9 but I was told to wait for it
Yes but this is just an estimate/guess. Sony have not released any official information if the model is even planned, let alone release timeframe. I was going to wait for it too, but figured it would be delayed and not to mention outrageously expensive at launch. I decided to go for the AG9 as I don't really need HDMI 2.1 features (would have preferred them, but don't need them lol)

No, none of the 4K Sony OLEDs have HDMI 2.1, much to a lot of disappointment (like many other top tier brands also besides LG). There is a rumour the replacement for AG9 (AH9) will have it, but nothing has been said yet about this potential model by Sony - and if so, likely to be pushed to next year now.

I wonder what Sony are playing at? Personally not fussed about 2.1 though but seems strange Sony aren't trying to keep up with other brands.

I wonder what Sony are playing at? Personally not fussed about 2.1 though but seems strange Sony aren't trying to keep up with other brands.

It certainly seems strange that Sony, Panasonic, Philips and Samsung have not put HDMI 2.1 into their 2020 TVs (with some exceptions), especially considering the launch of the new consoles later in the year that will be running 2.1. Perhaps there is a supply issue and LG have cornered the market for now? (as well as Sony and Microsoft for console production). Perhaps they just don't see it as necessary for 4K televisions yet and don't want to add to their internal costs, and consider the gaming market that are holding out for 2.1 too small to make a commercial impact.
2020 will end up being quite an unusual year for TV sales!

It certainly seems strange that Sony, Panasonic, Philips and Samsung have not put HDMI 2.1 into their 2020 TVs (with some exceptions), especially considering the launch of the new consoles later in the year that will be running 2.1. Perhaps there is a supply issue and LG have cornered the market for now? (as well as Sony and Microsoft for console production). Perhaps they just don't see it as necessary for 4K televisions yet and don't want to add to their internal costs, and consider the gaming market that are holding out for 2.1 too small to make a commercial impact.
2020 will end up being quite an unusual year for TV sales!
There may be a hiatus for introducing new tech until the end of 2021 as manufacturers assess the current global TV retail markets.
I suspect that HDMI 2.1 was being earmarked for various 8K products but with a global economic downturn on its way last years cheaper tech will be sold in 2020 instead, to fulfill orders for bulk buy retailers.
In my opinion, 8K will not be affordable for those looking for new flagship TV's for a year or two yet, so 4K flagship TV's could make a short comeback to match limited consumer budgets during this pandemic period and post COVID-19.

Sony's 2020 4K LCD flagship 55X9500H evaluation, and comparison X9500G, super pictures!

Interesting they don't say anything about raised black levels versus the XG95

here is what the feet look like before mounting:
163553wdlkpwsqjqjkqqlh.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom