NEWS: SVS launches 2000 Pro Series subwoofers

There is another thread on the same topic mate. We can close this

Oops.

nice to see the app functionality trickle down, prescient for me in particular as i have been meaning to adjust levels on dual sb 13's and the thought of pulling them out of position to do it so daunting iits been 4 months already :(

nice to see the app functionality trickle down, prescient for me in particular as i have been meaning to adjust levels on dual sb 13's and the thought of pulling them out of position to do it so daunting iits been 4 months already :(
You mean adjusting the gain on the sub? Just use a mirror so you can see the display on the back :) Even a mobile phone screen will reflect the display so you can see it..

Use....a.....mirror? You my friend are a heathen...
How else can you see a display that's facing a wall? :) ;) I still use one when adjusting the room size control on the PSA subs.. Saves pulling the subs out to do it :)

Probably OT but got to ask: why do they put the controls at the back?

Is it for practical or aesthetic reasons?

There's usually all this dead space on top of a Sub, why not put them there? If you've got a monster 50+ kilos Sub, then shifting it about on your own will not be easy.

I'm so happy my Monitor Audio Gold W15 has its own built-in room correction and comes with a remote, setting it up or making any changes is just a doddle. :)

Probably OT but got to ask: why do they put the controls at the back?

Is it for practical or aesthetic reasons?

There's usually all this dead space on top of a Sub, why not put them there? If you've got a monster 50+ kilos Sub, then shifting it about on your own will not be easy.

Probably to make inaccessible for children or when doing the dusting etc!, plus it looks neater without having a load of dials and cables connected to the top. I've never considered it as an issue personally, a hand held mirror the size of the palm of your hand is all you need to see everything.. :D

I'm so happy my Monitor Audio Gold W15 has its own built-in room correction and comes with a remote, setting it up or making any changes is just a doddle. :)

Im with you on that one. Being able to make adjustments while in your seat makes it far easier than having to get up and down each time to reach around the back of the sub.

Last edited:
You could also add a MiniDSP which has a simplified app for mobile/tablet and the more complex laptop/PC option, which will give more options overall.. especially using BEQ (which is by far the best upgrade one can do if you have capable subs and like your ULF)

I’m assuming this would piss all over my B&w pv1d?

im tempted by a white Sb2000

would it be a significant improvement?

I’m assuming this would piss all over my B&w pv1d?

im tempted by a white Sb2000

would it be a significant improvement?

Looking at the measurements of PV1D the performance drops like stone after 40hz. If you watch lot of action/scifi movies loud then the 18-36hz range is important and the SVS will wipe the floor with B&W which seemed to bottom out on some heavy scenes (review) and the distortion figures with the older model was sky high on deep bass region.

I assume you meant the new SB2000 Pro? Notice you might find a good deal for SB3000, @dms got one week ago, maybe he can tell more.. If the price difference would be like 900£ vs. 1100£ then SB3000 would be a no brainer.

However there is one manufacturer refurbished SB2000 for 639£ with full warranty.

Edit. Noticed now that you were looking white.... :boring:

Looking at the measurements of PV1D the performance drops like stone after 40hz. If you watch lot of action/scifi movies loud then the 18-36hz range is important and the SVS will wipe the floor with B&W which seemed to bottom out on some heavy scenes (review) and the distortion figures with the older model was sky high on deep bass region.

I assume you meant the new SB2000 Pro? Notice you might find a good deal for SB3000, @dms got one week ago, maybe he can tell more.. If the price difference would be like 900£ vs. 1100£ then SB3000 would be a no brainer.

However there is one manufacturer refurbished SB2000 for 639£ with full warranty.

Edit. Noticed now that you were looking white.... :boring:

I went for this

They had 4 in stock when I got mine, 1 left.

Has anyone got the PB2000 Pro in there set up ? Love to get some feed back on the difference in room between the old and new.
I purchased the PB2000 two months but nil stock available so have a demo unit till the Pro arrives end of next month. I am really impressed with the old model, works well in my system and room, i did spend a week or so moving and adjusting to get it sounding best.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom