NEWS: Tenet UK release confirmed as 26th August

Great can’t wait to go and not have to hide from spoilers excellent return to the cinema

Making a huge mistake releasing this in cinema's will be lucky to make half of what probably would have made under normal circumstances. Should have held back until next summer, Chris Nolan impatient or Warners wanting any kind of return soon.

Making a huge mistake releasing this in cinema's will be lucky to make half of what probably would have made under normal circumstances. Should have held back until next summer, Chris Nolan impatient or Warners wanting any kind of return soon.

Businesses need revenue otherwise a big corporation like Warner Bros is not immune to going down, they do have large financial fixed cost and you can't furlough everyone, well globally you can't.

Businesses need revenue otherwise a big corporation like Warner Bros is not immune to going down, they do have large financial fixed cost and you can't furlough everyone, well globally you can't.

Understandably yes but this movie cost 200million dollars and probably have to double again for marketing costs, if this breaks even i will be impressed. How about releasing smaller movies for them to get by and test the water not with a big tent-pole movie which as the potential to make a billion but not in today's market.

It's an interesting one as without Hollywood releases the financial model of cinemas does not exist whilst the current situation persists. Cineworld with their debt pile are probably sweating. Everyone I know has suspended their membership with [insert chain].

Cinema is in a very precarious situation. Even releasing Tenet won't solve the problem. The amount of revenue they've already missed out on, and will continue to after Tenet has gone is staggering.

So given revenue they will choose to run a lot longer than usual and it will be a gradual thing as opposed to blockbuster opening weekends, not much else they can do at the moment.

As for the US I see the 3rd September as being a little ambitious!

Good that it's finally 'confirmed'. Until they delay it for a 4th time.

I'm glad it's coming to cinemas.

Not because I'm going to go and see it, risk catching a virus and inadvertently infect my nearest and dearest.

But because it means it will hopefully be on 4K disc by Christmas and I can watch it at home on my 4K TV with Atmos, corona-free! More than happy to pay the full £25 to support the blockbuster releases like this, especially in these current times.

I was an avid cinema goer pre lockdown and would regularly go to cinema up to 5 times a month and always see Nolan movies in the best format available (70mm etc).

I am really looking forward to seeing this.

However, (and it pains me to say) I will not be going to the cinema in these current time if it comes out next month.

Don't care how good the film may be.

I have already suspended my Unlimited account After that (and depending on the situation) I will start going to cinema or cancel completely until I feel confident that it is safe to do so.

Warner Brothers are making a mistake releasing this next month, however I do appreciate the dilemma they are in.

Christopher Nolan pressuring the studio to release the film in a time of a global pandemic is shortsighted.

As much as I would like to see this movie at the cinema, I'll wait.

What about a release date for Ireland.

I have already suspended my Unlimited account After that (and depending on the situation) I will start going to cinema or cancel completely until I feel confident that it is safe to do so.

Same here - I’ve been a Cineworld Unlimited member for over five years - love the cinema and before Covid would go at least once per week which meant seeing the big films but also some complete junk and some hidden gems.

But I’ve taken exactly the same decision as you.

Looking at Cineworld‘s precautions I’m not impressed so far. And I certainly don’t trust the public to follow instructions and don’t expect Cineworld to be able to enforce them.

So I have frozen my account for 3 months which takes me into December and I hope things are better then but personally I’m not that hopeful.

Cineworld’s current stance is that they will only freeze for 3 months and at the end you will have to re-start or cancel. That may force me into cancelling - of course Cineworld may rethink when faced with enforced cancellations.

NOTE - I spoke to customer services on Wednesday - they were great. I asked about the pre-payments that were taken back in March/April after the cinemas had closed and the CS Rep confirmed that the ’Account Freeze’ facility in IT does not account for this and asked me to contact them nearer the end of freeze to ensure that the credit is applied otherwise it might be lost.

Cheers,

Nigel

I just watched the latest Boris Johnson Covid 19 update. The wearing of face masks in cinemas is now compulsory. I live in the North West where there has been an increased spike. So in short, no chance.

I was planning to go, but won't bother now you have to wear a mask. I doubt I'll be the only one. How can cinemas last much longer like this?

They won't is the simple, yet sad and depressing answer.

I just don't see how. Especially over the winter and when the furlough scheme ends.

I just watched the latest Boris Johnson Covid 19 update. The wearing of face masks in cinemas is now compulsory. I live in the North West where there has been an increased spike. So in short, no chance.
Not compulsory until the 8th.

I’ve been an avid cinema goer since the early ‘70’s. I’ve been to our local Showcase (Peterborough) three times since it re-opened after lockdown was eased. I couldn’t fault them as far as the precautions they’ve taken. One way systems in place, hand sanitiser at every screen entrance and ample space between available seats. But, while I’ll wear a mask for twenty minutes whizzing round Sainsbergs, I’m afraid I’ll not be sitting in a cinema wearing a mask for three hours, glasses steaming up, unable to drink or eat my popcorn. I really don’t see how cinema can survive this.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom