NEWS: Tenet UK release confirmed as 26th August

I’d wear a hazmat suit if meant seeing Tenet this month !
Like I said, I’ve been and was no more worried about CV than I would be anywhere else, and I’m in the ‘risky ‘cos I’m getting on a bit category.’ Cinemas are already running on half capacity, no new films to show so are running old films at a greatly reduced admission fee. Their operating costs will be much the same as pre-lockdown. Throw masks into the mix and there goes any money made on selling food and drinks. I don’t get the logic that says you’ve got to wear a face covering in a socially distanced cinema yet you can spend all night in a pub or restaurant mask free. We’ll miss the cinema once it’s gone.

Like I said, I’ve been and was no more worried about CV than I would be anywhere else, and I’m in the ‘risky ‘cos I’m getting on a bit category.’ Cinemas are already running on half capacity, no new films to show so are running old films at a greatly reduced admission fee. Their operating costs will be much the same as pre-lockdown. Throw masks into the mix and there goes any money made on selling food and drinks. I don’t get the logic that says you’ve got to wear a face covering in a socially distanced cinema yet you can spend all night in a pub or restaurant mask free. We’ll miss the cinema once it’s gone.
There's no logic. If they can't sell food or drink then I don't see them opening at all. No way they can make money even if they sell all tickets due to half capacity. No way I'm sitting for three hours covering my face against all logic.

I’d pay £50 to have this on UHD early. I won’t be streaming it if it’s released as a premium rental though due to obvious compression issues.

This film deserves the absolute best!!

I’d pay £50 to have this on UHD early. I won’t be streaming it if it’s released as a premium rental though due to obvious compression issues.

This film deserves the absolute best!!
I won’t be streaming it as a premium rental because two months later it will be £4 with the exact same quality. If they released the disc at the same time, I would probably buy it though. I don’t get the premium rental thing at all.

I’ve worked throughout, been in contact with my colleagues and the general public throughout, so yeah, sitting in an half empty cinema will make little difference to me.

I’ve worked throughout, been in contact with my colleagues and the general public throughout, so yeah, sitting in an half empty cinema will make little difference to me.
Same. I've found there's a clear delineation between people like ourselves, who have been working and mixing with other people, and those that have been hiding indoors reading the news thinking its end times. Considering the occupational demographic of avforums, the consensus on here is that of fear. That's why I have found this whole mask thing so daft after having to mix with the public for months and now it's suddenly more dangerous than it was before at the peak. Makes no sense.

Same. I've found there's a clear delineation between people like ourselves, who have been working and mixing with other people, and those that have been hiding indoors reading the news thinking its end times. Considering the occupational demographic of avforums, the consensus on here is that of fear. That's why I have found this whole mask thing so daft after having to mix with the public for months and now it's suddenly more dangerous than it was before at the peak. Makes no sense.

Nothing makes sense at the moment, the government changing their minds every 5 minutes.

9DA2EAA5-C053-479B-8DE2-699829DBD2C6.jpeg

Exactly this. I have retired, after 34 years on The Thin Blue Line but had I still have been working I’d have been in every day, working as normal. Everything one does in life carries risk.

Nothing makes sense at the moment, the government changing their minds every 5

The government could have done better but I don’t agree that they keep changing the advice. I think the problem is that their advice is not being followed and as a result of rising infections and R number they are having tk come down harder to spell it out.

I agree a China style approach with armed police on the streets making sure people did as they were told would have been more effective but the UK government wanted to be softer, give out rules and trust the people to follow them - the biggest mistake the government made was trusting the people to do as they were told.

For cinemas the rules haven’t changed. It is still the 1m+ rule.

That means if you can *and you can in a cinema) maintain a separation if at least 2m, but if that is not possible maintain a distance of at least 1m plus additional precautions such as face masks.

The government said that cinema customers did not have to wear face coverings but that was based on a 2m separation - agree they shoukd have been much clearer on that.

The cinemas have fallen victim of their own behaviour because they accidentally or deliberately failed to follow the rules. They have taken 1m+ to mean at least 1m and have overlooked the extra precaution bit. They a sitting customers 1m apart, possibly even less without additional precautions so breaching the rule that has always been in place - so the government have just come out and said as you are doing 1m you must use face coverings - no rule change, just spelling out the existing rule.

Cheers,

Nigel

The government could have done better but I don’t agree that they keep changing the advice. I think the problem is that their advice is not being followed and as a result of rising infections and R number they are having tk come down harder to spell it out.

I agree a China style approach with armed police on the streets making sure people did as they were told would have been more effective but the UK government wanted to be softer, give out rules and trust the people to follow them - the biggest mistake the government made was trusting the people to do as they were told.

For cinemas the rules haven’t changed. It is still the 1m+ rule.

That means if you can *and you can in a cinema) maintain a separation if at least 2m, but if that is not possible maintain a distance of at least 1m plus additional precautions such as face masks.

The government said that cinema customers did not have to wear face coverings but that was based on a 2m separation - agree they shoukd have been much clearer on that.

The cinemas have fallen victim of their own behaviour because they accidentally or deliberately failed to follow the rules. They have taken 1m+ to mean at least 1m and have overlooked the extra precaution bit. They a sitting customers 1m apart, possibly even less without additional precautions so breaching the rule that has always been in place - so the government have just come out and said as you are doing 1m you must use face coverings - no rule change, just spelling out the existing rule.

Cheers,

Nigel

Completely off topic, but why are wedding receptions not allowed but pubs remain open?

Absolutely loads of examples of “one rule for one, one for another”.

Anyway, I digress completely, this is a Tenet thread. I just wish they’d give us the option of a “premium purchase” on UHD as I’d likely wait to watch it anyway as I want it viewed with the best possible experience and unfortunately a cinema isn’t actually this place, Covid or not........

Completely off topic, but why are wedding receptions not allowed but pubs remain open?

Anyway, I digress completely, this is a Tenet thread. I just wish they’d give us the option of a “premium purchase” on UHD as I’d likely wait to watch it anyway as I want it viewed with the best possible experience and unfortunately a cinema isn’t actually this place, Covid or not........
Probably got nothing to do with it!
but I guess in a pub people tend to stick in their groups, whereas at a wedding the whole point is to mingle, meet everybody. Say hi to people you’ve not seen for years etc.
or it’s just random!

Follow the money - for each candidate business - how many people does it employee, how much tax do they pay, what is the risk.

I don’t know the numbers, so I might be wide of the mark, but I can imagine the Cinema industry scores higher than the wedding industry.

Cheers,

Nigel

Trying to discern the logic behind any of these decisions is an exercise in futility. There's absolutely no scientific rationale or evidence for many of these rules, more often than not they're dreamt up by petty tyrants & mediocre 'experts' who delight in the power they now wield over the population. This entire crisis has been a godsend for the country's bureaucratic class, while our liberties have suffered a deadly blow they will never properly recover from.

Last edited:
Trying to discern the logic behind any of these decisions is an exercise in futility. There's absolutely no scientific rationale or evidence for many of these rules, more often than not they're dreamt up by petty tyrants & mediocre 'experts' who delight in the power they now wield over the population. This entire crisis has been a godsend for the country's bureaucratic class, while our liberties have suffered a deadly blow they will never properly recover from.

It’s the scientific advisors, Public Health England, the NHS and the Department of Health that come up with these ideas. I know people like to blame Boris but do you really think that any Prime Ministers, MPs and Ministers have the expertise and experience to make such decisions - they just pass on the advice they are given.

Cheers,

Nigel

Yes, there is bluster and confusion but there are a few facts as well. One being; a face-covering offers very good protection to the OTHER people around you, especially indoors when there is little space. It also offers you some protection from breathing in droplets that may contain virus.

How risk-averse am I? I have been to a pub. Stayed in a hotel and been outside London. Now I don't much fancy sitting in a cinema to see Tenet with a mask on for 2.5 hours, but I will if I go; because it is both sensible and required.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom