NEWS: Trinnov to premiere DTS:X Pro at CEDIA Expo 2019

Im looking forward to getting this on the demo unit and im pushing to get at least a beta version to be able to demo at our forthcoming Trinnov event. I've got a couple of customers who are going to benefit from this and nice that it is a free update.

Yes, came across this a little while back. Unfortunately it doesn't apply to me but I think it shows how future proof Trinnovs are. I wonder whether most traditional AVPs made more than 6 months ago will get this update.

That's why I chose the Trinnov ST2 for my 2ch hifi. I doubt things in 2ch hifi will ever change at the same speed as home cinema but at least I know that if there are new developments of any kind I will benefit from them for many years to come.

Since most (all?) DTS:X releases are limited to 7.1.4 I have to ask what sources are you using for DTS:X Pro? Or are you looking to create more channels from the 7.1.4 mix?

We attended the official launch of DTS:X Pro several weeks ago. Sounded excellent.

A very flexible speaker layout. Currently there are only two DTS:X Pro demo clips available.

What Pro allows for is upmixing via Neural:X to 30.2 channels. The Trinnov dem rooms in Bracknell showcase this extremely well. We have taken several clients there over the last few weeks with great feedback.

What Pro allows for is upmixing via Neural:X to 30.2 channels.
That's what I thought, thanks for clarification. Neural:X is somewhat easy to implement and works well. How would you say does DTS:X Pro on the Altitude 32 compare to something like a Steinway P200 with a higher channel count? They claim over 200 output channels. I've never heard the P200 with so many channels, only the regular setups with "normal" channel count.

I know it might not be a fair comparison, since Steinway is a closed system and can't be mixed with other components, so it might just be an overall system difference, but I'd still be interested in opinions on this.

That's what I thought, thanks for clarification. Neural:X is somewhat easy to implement and works well. How would you say does DTS:X Pro on the Altitude 32 compare to something like a Steinway P200 with a higher channel count? They claim over 200 output channels. I've never heard the P200 with so many channels, only the regular setups with "normal" channel count.

I know it might not be a fair comparison, since Steinway is a closed system and can't be mixed with other components, so it might just be an overall system difference, but I'd still be interested in opinions on this.

I think an SL system is hard to beat regardless of channel count. It’s a different animal completely.

I’ve only heard the Trinnov with Pro running 23 channels and it did sound great. These were upmixed apart from two short demo tracks that are the only DTS:X demos available in the world.

Watch this space on SL over the next few days........

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom