Nextbase 522GW Query

mikeyc1980

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a Nextbase 522GW and no problems with the camera itself, but I noticed when uploading the files to my PC, each files is recorded twice, one in FH and another in FL, with FH being the higher resolution file i.e. 1080P and the FL being significantly lower like a 480p. I'm assuming the FH and FL represents the higher and lower resolution files but just wondering is it a setting I can change, or has it something to do with the fps I record at?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I have a Nextbase 522GW and no problems with the camera itself, but I noticed when uploading the files to my PC, each files is recorded twice, one in FH and another in FL, with FH being the higher resolution file i.e. 1080P and the FL being significantly lower like a 480p. I'm assuming the FH and FL represents the higher and lower resolution files but just wondering is it a setting I can change, or has it something to do with the fps I record at?

Thanks in advance!

Definitely a setting you can change, i turned mine off the other day after realising i was saving both.

I've just ewswr default settings and will just see if make a any difference! All in all its a great product

How does the parked mode work for people? I've heard the battery is that poor, that parked mode only has enough battery to work for about ten minutes after the car is off. As such, poor battery makes parking mode useless. Unless your car gets hit straight after you park.

I've just ewswr default settings and will just see if make a any difference! All in all its a great product

bit late but you want to disable dual files in the menu's

How does the parked mode work for people? I've heard the battery is that poor, that parked mode only has enough battery to work for about ten minutes after the car is off. As such, poor battery makes parking mode useless. Unless your car gets hit straight after you park.

bit late again , you need to hardwire it , then it will work with ignition off , but will have battery seeing so if the car battery starts to go flat it will disable the feed to the dash cam .......

So may I ask Beasty54, just how did you turn off the recording of the lower resolution to your SD card!

Yes you have to turn off dual files, that records in HD, but you will not be able to upload or download to a smart phone, as these are done in LD

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom