Nintendo account questions

CatManDo

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all when my daughter was younger I created an account in my name for all her digital purchases etc. I now want to transfer the account to her, I can change it to her email address but it is stuck with my DOB which Nintendo tell me cannot be changed. Does anyone know a work around? Would it be best to setup a new account for her and somehow transfer her digital games? Thanks all

All digital accounts (same for Sony & MS) are non transferable, to stop you selling your account. It's not great but you're stuck unfortunately.

You can't even transfer purchases from the WiiU to the Switch on the same account. However money will transfer from one to the other.

You can't even transfer purchases from the WiiU to the Switch on the same account. However money will transfer from one to the other.
How would that work? What games do you think should transfer from Wii U to Switch?

How would that work? What games do you think should transfer from Wii U to Switch?

At the very least some record of them having existed would be nice in the event of some sort of BC / Virtual Console on the Switch.

Breathe of the Wild
Mario Kart 8 - or at least just have a small fee to make it deluxe (like what Sega did with Sonic Mania)
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (same as above)
All the indie games such as Toki Tori etc
Pretty much anything that you bought digitally on WiiU that’s now available digitally on Switch.

Breathe of the Wild
Mario Kart 8 - or at least just have a small fee to make it deluxe (like what Sega did with Sonic Mania)
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (same as above)
All the indie games such as Toki Tori etc
Pretty much anything that you bought digitally on WiiU that’s now available digitally on Switch.
Sure but they're not exactly the same games - they were ported to Switch, and things like MK8 included dlc on Switch that was payable on WiiU. So it's not quite that simple

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom