Question No audio from humax hdr fox t2 hdmi into avr

RobTi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi on my last avr Yamaha rxa3050 I had to use an optical to get audio from my humax hdr fox T2 and thought it was just the avr, so got a new denon with the same problem no audio through hdmi, any ideas, I am going to strip it apart tomorrow and connect direct to the tv to see if it’s a fault, but just in case I’ll ask here first ?
Thanks

Check the audio output settings in the preferences section of the Humax.

thanks turns out it cant handle 4k hdmi passthrough on my avr,if i switch enhanced hdmi on i lose the audio if i switch enhanced off i get audio but no DV pass through, so happy just to use optical

thanks turns out it cant handle 4k hdmi passthrough on my avr,if i switch enhanced hdmi on i lose the audio if i switch enhanced off i get audio but no DV pass through, so happy just to use optical

Baffled why would you expect a box limited to 1080p max From a HD channel source) to produce 4K ?

Best sound would be Dolby Digtal 5.1 from whatever channel it was using.

Which is the best audio you can get on toslink anyway.

Your AVR may be able to rescale HD to 2160p, but so can your TV anyway,

Which is best decide for yourself.

Baffled why would you expect a box limited to 1080p max From a HD channel source) to produce 4K ?

Best sound would be Dolby Digtal 5.1 from whatever channel it was using.

Which is the best audio you can get on toslink anyway.

Your AVR may be able to rescale HD to 2160p, but so can your TV anyway,

Which is best decide for yourself.
Thanks have 2 devices a humax hdr fox t2 and a technomate twin oe and both dont have audio with the denon x4500h (also had this with my last avr a Yamaha rxa3050) if I set the avr up for my Blu-ray and 4K Apple TV it all works fine, add these two and I get the no audio output, so investigate and find if I switch monitor out port off then I get audio and no video, switch it back on I get video and no audio. I then switched my hdmi settings from enhanced to standard and everything works bar I lose DV and HDR10, so decided to keep the enhanced and use optical for the audio

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom