NO headphone jack!!!

romano1

Novice Member
Reaction score
Can somebody tell me how to use Sony cable headphone on samsung 65NU8000 as there is NO headphone JACK!!!!!!! Thanks and ciao.

If it has no headphone jack (and the online specs suggest that is correct) then there is no direct way to go about this; you will need some perihpheral equipment (a soundbar, possibly) which does have a headphone jack.

Almost all new TV's in last few years doesn't support headphone jack. I suggest that You upgrade to Bluetooth headphones

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Some TV brands don't put a DAC in their TV to save money and that makes it so they can't offer analog sound outputs.
If you buy a low quality adapter you will have low quality sound. If you want to recover most of the quality you basically need to buy a soundbar with analog output or a receiver or a stereo amp.
Optical to headphone adaptor...
That's not going to work. That adapter just changes the shape of an optical plug.
You need an active device that converts sound from digital to analog. DAC Converter, Techole Aluminum 192KHz Digital: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

But that's still lowest possible quality sound.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
My apologies but at least I was on the right track instead of it not being possible. To be honest I didn't actually examine the device I linked too, I just knew it was possible...

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom