No Man's Sky (PS4) - 12 August 2016

I'm currently on a planet with no sentinels but there are hostile animals. The only time sentinels showed up was at a Vy' Keen factory which was part of the storyline and even then they were bugged and couldn't touch me having spawned within the ground. So maybe the planet i'm on is just bugged when it comes to sentinels.

Anyhow i made it my base planet due to lack of annoying sentinels and plentiful copper - i can go around wrecking stuff at will without being policed :D
There should be sentinels on every planet unless they changed it in an update, the amount of sentinels and aggression levels vary though.

@DAZ UK 74 I'm guessing my planet is bugged. I visited another Vy'keen production facility and this time the sentinels were above ground but they only were around the facility.

Oh and i also got some sentinels to turn up when i nabbed some albumen pearls but once i'd legged it they despawned and there were no more sentinels once more...

Logged into my old worlds to check them out under Origins, and they each had some of the new changes noticable.
On my snow planet, the base had a bit of ground regrowth (earth and snow inside base), and some wiring seemed to act up a little. Also people have noticed power output from stacked generators is lower, which mine had too, but as i has surplus it didnt cause any issues. I think draw distance is better, as is clarity and also DoF blurring far away (might be an earlier patch, but new to me). Lots of new flora/fauna to scan, including some better looking "bears" and stuff wandering about which i dont recall.
The new icy storms look amazing, as are the clouds just before, and the freezing screen.

Another base on a friends planet had changed to something like a "gravity anomaly world", or with gravity hazards. Sadly i didnt notice these in my quick play, thought they might be these new weird bubbles, but apparently not interactive?

I'll have to give PSVR a go too, just a few too many games already on the go, and i still havent done any of the last two NMS patches with the mech walkers or living ships.

I'll have to give PSVR a go too, just a few too many games already on the go, and i still havent done any of the last two NMS patches with the mech walkers or living ships.

PSVR is still fairly blurry. I had been tempted to start a new playthrough on the regular game as not played in ages.

I gave this a go yesterday. I was tempted to try new game but decided to carry on my 2 year old 24 hour play through. Took a while to work out what basics I needed to mine to take off and refill health. Its a much easier game game, more helpful and removing the guesswork for how to build things.

Enjoyed my four hours and it went in no time. So much more to do with the "anomaly" appearing and some actual missions to undertake. Cant wait to give it more time.

There is so much more to what you can buy though, found that a little confusing but think some of the missions are actually more like tutorials so will do some of them.

@Stinja - previous to Origins update at least you could find small bubble clusters which you could collect and then use as decorations around your base. R3 to pick them up when you get the interaction notice.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom