NO MANS SKY VR

oasismark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Felt this needed it's own thread.

Announced Monday, coming as a free update in the summer.

Personally I'm buying PSVR for this, so excited. Hope the motion sickness isnt too bad.

Yes agree, I was waiting for our usual suspect to create this thread :) and of course as we have done so with every other game that has both modes so far on this sub forum, name the game there is a thread for it. Psvr owners can be made aware and focus discussion on psvr gaming for searchable purposes.

I for one have almost transitioned to almost only playing vr games (probably 75%)

I'm guessing given the driving and flying content in this game, a dualshock controller will be the choice controller here. Never played NMS so I don't know if there is any FPS "on foot" gamning? If so, I'd be wary of using Moves for free movement as we all know how Moves are dire for FPS so dualshock would still have to be the choice controller unless Aim controller is a practical implementation? Just wondering. Given the Internet's exciting reaction to this game being in VR, I am contagiously excited too!

Last edited:
I'm guessing given the driving and flying content in this game, a dualshock controller will be the choice controller here. Never played NMS so I don't know if there is any FPS "on foot" gamning? If so, I'd be wary of using Moves for free movement as we all know how Moves are dire for FPS so dualshock would still have to be the choice controller unless Aim controller is a practical implementation? Just wondering. Given the Internet's exciting reaction to this game being in VR, I am contagiously excited too!

There's a lot of FPS style walking about, as you walk around on planets, in bases, space stations or space freighters. It would be nice if you could switch controls types between being on foot or in vehicles. I expect it will just be dualshock support though.

Motion sickness would be my biggest concern, especially with things like proximity flying or walking around on planets.

The game has huge potential in VR, so it will be interesting to see how it ends up.

There's a lot of FPS style walking about, as you walk around on planets, in bases, space stations or space freighters. It would be nice if you could switch controls types between being on foot or in vehicles. I expect it will just be dualshock support though.

Motion sickness would be my biggest concern, especially with things like proximity flying or walking around on planets.

The game has huge potential in VR, so it will be interesting to see how it ends up.

Is it an FPS shooter, or casual exploration? Moves can cope with free movement but when shooting is additionally factored in that calls for strafing etc, that's where Moves completely fail compared to the PC headsets/Quest. If ts casual exploration, then should be ok.

Is it an FPS shooter, or casual exploration? Moves can cope with free movement but when shooting is additionally factored in that calls for strafing etc, that's where Moves completely fail compared to the PC headsets/Quest. If ts casual exploration, then should be ok.

Most of the 'shooting', when on foot, is mining rocks. Whilst you can shoot at stuff in combat, it's usually fairly pedestrian. There are times when strafing might be useful.

Its far more casual exploration than 'shooter', you 'shoot' the plants, trees and rocks to mine for minerals.

Id say its got to be DuelShock only, I'd be amazed if the moves are supported, but you never know.
Not seen it confirmed any were yet, but what is confirmed is its the full game, not some separate VR experience which is great.

It will be interesting to see how they do smooth movement with the Moves. In spaceships it looks like you are controlling your hands to pull the throttle and joystick. So that might be a bit odd at first.

Could be a bit of a handful (so to speak). I think this might work better with the DS4...although combination of Aim controller, moves and a HOTAS would be epic :)

Just need to wait for it to be on sale....

This could be fantastic. I got NMS about a year after launch in a sale once one or two of the major patches had improved a lot of the early issues, and played it a fair bit but not much in the scheme of things for such a game. I think there's been a number of changes since also so I'll probably start fresh for VR.

Sean has started with the cryptic clock tweets again, so hopefully we get some news today. The game has also been rated by ESRB. No PEGI rating yet, that I can see.

Given the existing fan base (exactly how large is it?), I wonder how many of them will buy a PSVR for this update. Hopefully a significant number!

I bought No Man's Sky on disk in preparation but I hope its a game I can play on and off without spending a huge invested time on it (I suspect the latter) but either way, I have to give this a go, its way too hyped to ignore!

Last edited:
I would say more already have PSVR and would get the game rather than the other way around, I have both and really looking forward to the update, and yeah you can play on and off it's how i play and i don't have problems going back to it, it's one of them games that you can play how you like and it doesn't punish you for it which i love.

I'm probably stating the obvious, but this is on the playstation sale for £15.99 at the moment.
I've bitten at that price but will not play it until the vr update comes out :)

I'm probably stating the obvious, but this is on the playstation sale for £15.99 at the moment.
I've bitten at that price but will not play it until the vr update comes out :)
I have hundreds of hours played across 3 saves but I will be starting a new save for the VR.

Plenty of articles hyping this up to be someting amazing!

Hope it lives up, we'll find out soon!

Yeah think its 32 on pc, 16 on consoles

Launch day!!!

Ill not be home till 8pm, presume it will drop about 2?

Going to try not watch streams.

Will be tough

It’s so long since I played it, I can’t remember if I need to look for the disc, or if I bought it digitally :laugh:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom