NO MANS SKY VR

Yeah but the inplimentation of the VR controls, Lifting the cockpit, using the scanner, using the arm display, i want to experiance that for my self the first time!!
Stuff not seen in trailers.

No sign of the drop yet, Sean Murry having twitter in a meltdown :rotfl:

Sean Murray on Twitter

Reports so far are that it looks pretty blurry, even on the pro. Maybe this will be best suited to a decent PC VR setup. Seems to be crashing a fair bit too.

Last edited:
Reports so far are that it looks pretty blurry, even on the pro. Maybe this will be best suited to a decent PC VR setup.
I can confirm it looks blurry especially inside the ship and of course almost all of the text. I am playing it on the Pro.

I highly recommend turning on the Damage Numbers from the in game menu, if you have them turned off everytime you mine or shoot something a load of black square boxes obscure your view, when you turn the damage numbers on this stops.

I have tried both the pad and ice cream cone controllers and for me the pad is vastly superior, I haven't flown yet but the movement and interaction on foot is really bad with the move controllers. Maybe I need to use them more but for now I will stick with the pad.

The starter ship looks HUGE and although the in-cockpit view is blurry akin to having tomatoes grated into your eyeballs it feels amazing when your sat in it.

Seems like it looks the same on OG and Pro PS4s. Hopefully a PS4 Pro patch will turn up at some point.
So far the outside of the ship is ok apart from the drop in which is huge, the inside of the ship just needs to have readable screens. The starter ship I have has about 6 screens and not one of them is readable, it's just a load of blocks.

The flying is absolutely fantastic though, the fire the surrounds the ship when entering a planet's atmosphere is awesome. :)

Played a fair bit once the patch was out on PS4 pro, Graphics wise it's fine wasn't that blurry for me was able to read stuff perfectly fine, sure it is a step down from playing in 4K HDR as i did on the TV but it's nothing too drastic, I was using the Moves as i didn't know that the Dualshock could be used all previews etc said no, must have been a late addition, using them was simple enough had no issues moving about etc If you have used the moves for games like Skyrim etc this won't be problem getting to grips with.

The only issue i had with using them was the in-ship throttle and Joystick were to far forward in the cockpit I couldn't reach them without leaning foward to grab them it made playing a little uncomfortable, I couldn't find any way to adjust it in the options to make them closer, so I hope it gets patched, I will give the Dualshock a go see if that is any better but i might just Stick with the moves apart from the cockpit issue it's actually pretty good for me at least.

I'm having a blast exploring and scanning stuff although it seems the system to upload to the network database wasn't working, The Immerstion and scale that VR brings really adds to this game, it's everything i hoped it would be, Need more time with it but so far it's thumbs up from me. :thumbsup:

The servers will be getting hammered, which is why the uploads won't be working.

If you lean forward a bit then reset your position, the cockpit should be a bit further back.

I played an hour or so. Whilst it is blurry, it is playable. Just wish the screens in the ship's cockpit were clearer.

I was able to play the game with full smooth movement and smooth turning without it making me feel sick, which was a surprise.

Flying the ship made my stomach flip a bit though. Make sure you have inverted controls turned off if you find the ship control weird.

The servers will be getting hammered, which is why the uploads won't be working.

If you lean forward a bit then reset your position, the cockpit should be a bit further back.

I played an hour or so. Whilst it is blurry, it is playable. Just wish the screens in the ship's cockpit were clearer.

I was able to play the game with full smooth movement and smooth turning without it making me feel sick, which was a surprise.

Flying the ship made my stomach flip a bit though. Make sure you have inverted controls turned off if you find the ship control weird.
I was fine with the smooth movement turned on and even flying the ship at first, then I did a barrel roll and had to stop playing. :laugh:

I have to say im well impressed with this, id heard it was very low res on PS4, so i was expecting a blurry mess, but i was suprised. Yeah some txt is difficult to read but not all. Most is fine.
I was using the moves and i loved it, once i found the option to switch to smooth.

Didnt try the DS but i imagine its a lot worse, the moves give the sense of being there, lifting the cockpit, grabing the ship controls, using the gun. All great, love the menus on the back of hands, just so cool. Such immersion.

Had an hr following the tutorial, got into space and down to another planet, just brilliant. Loved the pulling back the throttle in space, and looking out at the undiscovered planets. Brilliant.

Not seen any on the other new additions yet, cant wait to get stuck in and explore more.

Yes there may be restrictions becuase of the limitations of teh hardware but to get this for free on this game is superb!

Biggest comeback ever in gaming!

2.04 patch available which fixes the console crashing when playing from an older save game.

No crashes for me but then again i started a new game.

Any confirmed news that a PS4 pro patch is due to maybe upgrade the visuals?

Lots of roumers around or maybe just clutching at straws?

Thanks for that cockpit tip I'll give it a go when I'm able to play again.

Any confirmed news that a PS4 pro patch is due to maybe upgrade the visuals?

Lots of roumers around or maybe just clutching at straws?

No, they are busy with bug fixes at the mo. They've not made any comment on existing or future pro support.

I'm not sure how much the pro would help as even decent PCs are struggling with VR. It does look fantastic in VR on a top end PC though, almost like the regular game looks on PS4. I was watching a stream of it today.

Version 2.0.6 is on the PC now (PS4 is on 2.0.4) as they can push fixes much faster to PC. We should get 2.0.5 and 2.0.6 in the next day or two.

I really hope they fix the ships displays, at the moment they are totally useless.

2.05 update is available.

Patch Notes.

Bug fixes
  • Fix for crashes occurring in the Space Anomaly.
  • Fixed a number of issues causing some players to experience low framerate after visiting the Space Anomaly.
  • Fixed a rendering related crash.
  • Fixed an out of memory crash.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause a crash when manipulating inventory in close proximity to a high number of players.
  • Fixed a crash affecting VR with supersampling enabled.
  • Fixed a situation where network connectivity issues could prevent players from speaking to NPCs aboard the Space Anomaly.
  • Fixed an issue where storage containers could not be accessed.
  • Fixed a crash affecting unsupported VR hardware.
We will continue to release patches as issues are identified and resolved. If you experience any issues, let us know by submitting a bug report.

Ian Higton (from Eurogamer) was doing a stream of NMS VR and mentioned that it was much more blurry than the PSVR version he played at a preview event. He said the preview version looked a lot more like the regular game, apart from the resolution drop for VR.

Hopefully they have a pro patch in the works to help the current visuals and it wasn't just a version they mocked up for a preview event.

I really hope they fix the ships displays, at the moment they are totally useless.

Dont think ive ever looked at the ship displays?
Thought they were kind of just cosmetic?
Anything useful on there?

Dont think ive ever looked at the ship displays?
Thought they were kind of just cosmetic?
Anything useful on there?

Selected weapon, shield status and radar are the most useful parts.

I was just looking at some recent previews of NMS on the PSVR and the ships cockpits are way sharper than what we are currently seeing.

The preview shot is a screen grab from a Playstation Access Video on youtube. The capture card shot is from my gameplay recorded on an Averemedia LGP2+. The PS4 recorded gameplay is a screen grab from a PSVR gameplay video on youtube.

NMS VR Preview.png

NMS VR Actual 2.png

NMS VR Actual.png

Last edited:
Im not being akward but i can read those.

Yeah i want a patch to make it clearer, but arnt we nit picking here?

Just lean closer :laugh:

Yeah i want a patch to make it clearer, but arnt we nit picking here?
I don't think it's nitpicking at all, the screens don't just have random data on them they provide useful information especially in combat. If you play in Survival or Perma Death mode the planet's hazard information is vital. We should be able to see them clearly like we can when not in VR mode in my opinion.

After spending a few more hours on this I have been converted to using the move controllers when on foot, even though you loose the ability to strafe and go backwards the interacting side of things is much better. I am still switching to the pad for flying though.

I was able to play some more today seems the cockpit issue i had with the controls too far forward was fixed with the current patch or maybe the one before hard to say with them being released pretty much one a day so far, anyway no need to lean forward to use them now, I Haven't bothered to try with the dualshock I find the moves perfectly fine for the most part, flying the ship with them takes a bit of getting use to it can get a little twitchy I haven't done any ship combat yet so i guess that will be the real test.

Still having a great time, I've not had the game crash once even though i see a fair few on twitter and other places say other wise, not sure what is causing the problems for them, game is still blurry although not to the point that it's unplayable I can read most things ok, It does seem to be a bug as mentioned previews didn't have this issue so I'm sure it can be fixed at some point.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom