Non violent adult games

thedoswells

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi
just got my first ever xbox (one x) and am looking for a nice, non violent, adult (not kids) game. Something like an open world adventure where you can explore and solve puzzles and collect things etc.
i was looking at outer wilds and subnautica. Wondered if these are good or any other recommendations?
total newbie here
many thanks

Hi
just got my first ever xbox (one x) and am looking for a nice, non violent, adult (not kids) game. Something like an open world adventure where you can explore and solve puzzles and collect things etc.
i was looking at outer wilds and subnautica. Wondered if these are good or any other recommendations?
total newbie here
many thanks

Grab yourself a Trial of Games Pass and take a look, loads of games and maybe give Forza Horizon 4 a go also.

Grab yourself a Trial of Games Pass and take a look, loads of games and maybe give Forza Horizon 4 a go also.

very helpful thanks. I didn’t know you could do that. Forza H 4 came with the bundle I bought so will definitely try that. Much appreciated...

very helpful thanks. I didn’t know you could do that. Forza H 4 came with the bundle I bought so will definitely try that. Much appreciated...

If you have a Live account and on the Xbox One Dashboard on the Console have a look under the Games Pass Tab and see if there is any offers, I am sure the 3 months for £1 might still be available.

Hi
total newbie here
many thanks

The Outer Wilds is a great shout there given your description of what you're looking for. A truly wonderful game. I believe that is included in the Game Pass.

If you have a Live account and on the Xbox One Dashboard on the Console have a look under the Games Pass Tab and see if there is any offers, I am sure the 3 months for £1 might still be available.

I've got a Skype account and was going to log in work that. I believe you can set up with that? Thanks again

The Outer Wilds is a great shout there given your description of what you're looking for. A truly wonderful game. I believe that is included in the Game Pass.

Thanks. I'll try to get used to what having a game pass means.... Games like that sound ideal for us. Cheers

I remember liking The Witness and Firewatch. They are not 100% open world but more a guided sandbox.

The Witness

Firewatch

I really enjoyed Firewatch as it's not too long and has a pretty good story. The Witness has so many puzzles that I didn't get round to finishing it.

You also have games by Telltale Games (the studio closed so getting some games maybe hit and miss) although they aren't open world and there is some violence (and they aren't puzzles but more dialogue choices that help reveal the story). There are also games like The Talos Principle but I've never played that one.

If you are OK with playing Xbox 360 games on your Xbox One then maybe worth checking out Portal: Still Alive and Portal 2 (also I think they are both Xbox One X enhanced too).

Last edited:
I remember liking The Witness and Firewatch. They are not 100% open world but more a guided sandbox.

The Witness

Firewatch

I really enjoyed Firewatch as it's not too long and has a pretty good story. The Witness has so many puzzles that I didn't get round to finishing it.

You also have games by Telltale Games (the studio closed so getting some games maybe hit and miss) although they aren't open world and there is some violence (and they aren't puzzles but more dialogue choices that help reveal the story). There are also games like The Talos Principle but I've never played that one.

If you are OK with playing Xbox 360 games on your Xbox One then maybe worth checking out Portal: Still Alive and Portal 2 (also I think they are both Xbox One X enhanced too).

brilliant. All really helpful thank you :smashin:

Thanks. I'll try to get used to what having a game pass means.... Games like that sound ideal for us. Cheers

Think of Game Pass as Netflix for the Xbox. Theres a library of 100s of games for you to download and play in full. New titles are added (and some taken out) all the time. Also, all 1st party Microsoft games (Gears, Halo, Forza, Ori etc) get added on release date, saving you from shelling out £50-60 each.

The value it offers is incredible. Perfect for people like yourself that are new to the platform.

Subnautica is a fantastic game and runs fairly well on the X just be aware it’s very addictive, lost many evenings and weekends too it lol

This is something totally different but have a look at a game called MudRunner, it's on Gamepass at the moment.

If still on Gamepass check out "What remains of Edith Finch"

Very, very unique, incredibly imaginative and just something very enjoyable to experience. Its only a few hours but so worth it.

Thanks all. So far I have Forza horizon 4 and outer wilds installed, but barely played yet. But wow, my previous game experience is from something like a Commodore 64 where an F1 game was driving a red rectangle around a grey strip. Looks a bit different now. :eek:
ill be having a look at these suggestions in due course.
many thanks and stay safe....

Thanks all. So far I have Forza horizon 4 and outer wilds installed, but barely played yet. But wow, my previous game experience is from something like a Commodore 64 where an F1 game was driving a red rectangle around a grey strip. Looks a bit different now. :eek:
ill be having a look at these suggestions in due course.
many thanks and stay safe....

Classic... Sounds like you're talking about "Grand Prix Simulator' from Codeasters.... I had an Amstrad CPC464 amd loved those games. Bargains at £1.99, whats not to like. So addctive too.

Codemasters still make F1 games, only this time theyrey fully licensed and a little more advanced. 😀

If you've been out of gaming so long, you're in for a real treat.

Wow, yes, you have a much better memory than me. I went from a Vic 20, couple of commodores, then Amigas. Then it stopped.
To be fair my son got consoles and made me play FIFA or pes with him when he was younger. He beat me once 5 - 1 when he was only allowed to score with his goalkeeper o_Oo_O
Looking forward to the new stuff, if I can ever work out how to use it lol.
Cheers

A few other Gamepass games that are not violent and something a bit different are :

The Gardens Between - I’ve never seen this mentioned on the forum, but it’s such a beautiful game. Time manipulation puzzle game that’s very clever, only a few hours (depending on your puzzle solving skills), but great while it lasts.

Life is Strange 2 (episodes 1-5) - Only recently started this (on chapter 2), but really enjoying it. Very sedate interactive story type of game.

Rime - gorgeous puzzle adventure.

Last edited:
ive been playing outer wilds and Forza horizon 4 for the first proper time today. They both look amazing but Im so incompetent at both that I haven’t got anywhere yet. I can’t even invite my son over at the moment to show me how, and make me look like an idiot....

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom