NORD power amplifiers

I think having well matched surrounds/Atmos really helps get that 'bubble' effect, Volts or otherwise. This is a bit where the OCD in me makes me want to have the same amps powering all channels, so any variations between them are matched.

BTW I've got Volt 8 surrounds, Volt 6 back surrounds and atmos now . Lovely Volt bubble

Snap, same here. Yes, very effective bubble with seemingly limitless headroom. :D

ou could probably get away with an MP122 amp for those, seeing how efficient they are.

I could probably 'get away with' that but I think the MP252 - 8 would be a better fit. Currently I have three different amplifiers running the different layers Nord, ATI, & Crown, so consolidating that to all Hypex does have its attractions. :)

I’ve been experimenting with amps over the last month in 5.1.4 setup, as soon as all the amps were the same it snapped into place. I’m not using Nord’s, if I were I’d have exactly the same amps on all channels.

I’m restricted by the physical height for another amp and Nord look to be a very good option for a new 3 Channel

That was my thought originally, but then I ended up adding a mini 19" rack to put all my 'bass gear' into (2 x iNukes, 1 x BK amp & MiniDSP). I've ended up with my main rack spread out much better for airflow and it turns out more than enough room for a chunkier power amp...just waiting for something suitable to pop up on the classifieds now since the Nord summer sale doesn't look like it's going to happen this year (wasn't really expecting it to be honest).

It'll save me going on a slippery slope of replacing all 11 channels with Nord though, so I should be grateful. :D

A nice 3 Channel is all I need and that’s were Nord appear to fit the bill at the moment. My other amp is a 6 Channel Emo and I can’t realistically see me adding more channels anytime soon

I purchased a Nord 3 channel (3 x 250w) a few days ago. I have my MF M6Si powering the front LR with HT bypass (for music duties) and I wanted a power amp for my center and two side surrounds leaving the AVR to power the rear surrounds and four Atmos speakers. Hopefully it will arrive next week and I'll give my opinion as someone who has never owned a power amp before. I'm hoping it makes a big improvement but I am a little sceptical so it will be interesting for me to know myself with my own ears.

That was my thought originally, but then I ended up adding a mini 19" rack to put all my 'bass gear' into (2 x iNukes, 1 x BK amp & MiniDSP). I've ended up with my main rack spread out much better for airflow and it turns out more than enough room for a chunkier power amp...just waiting for something suitable to pop up on the classifieds now since the Nord summer sale doesn't look like it's going to happen this year (wasn't really expecting it to be honest).

It'll save me going on a slippery slope of replacing all 11 channels with Nord though, so I should be grateful. :D
i believe Nord did their summer sale in the month of August last year so i assumed it would be the same this year. Well if they don't, it will be a good excuse for me to scratch my upgrade itch and hold onto my parasound amp.

I purchased a Nord 3 channel (3 x 250w) a few days ago. I have my MF M6Si powering the front LR with HT bypass (for music duties) and I wanted a power amp for my center and two side surrounds leaving the AVR to power the rear surrounds and four Atmos speakers. Hopefully it will arrive next week and I'll give my opinion as someone who has never owned a power amp before. I'm hoping it makes a big improvement but I am a little sceptical so it will be interesting for me to know myself with my own ears.
have you received the amp yet and noticed any improvement?

I haven't received the amp yet. To be honest I think it is taking too long, I have sent Colin another email but I'm off on holiday soon so I won't be here to take delivery, I did mention this to him last week.

Hopefully get it by Friday otherwise I will have to cancel the order.

I had a reply and my amp has been shipped, I was being a bit impatient yesterday.

I haven't received the amp yet. To be honest I think it is taking too long, I have sent Colin another email but I'm off on holiday soon so I won't be here to take delivery, I did mention this to him last week.

Hopefully get it by Friday otherwise I will have to cancel the order.
I had a reply and my amp has been shipped, I was being a bit impatient yesterday.

Just for information, for others, the product pages do still have the following discliamer on them ' All amps are built to order. Current lead time is 2 Weeks.'

Yes, that is correct, I just checked. However, for someone with deteriorating eyesight, small white text on a light blue background can be easily missed, as it was for me ;)

Anyone know if there will be a sale?

email colin the owner direct and he may sort you a discount if you mention this thread

Anyone tried the Nord Nc252 vs Nad M27? Need a new amplifier for my surrounds and atmos speakers.

NAD is similar tech to the NORD I believe, having owned both I would go for the NAD if similarly priced, purely as the build is so good-sound quality both very similar.

Also have a look at the new Nad M28.

4K? I’ll have a nord ta
The build quality is considerably better on the NAD. And the price for this 7 channel NAD Purify amp is more than reasonable. You'll not find a Nord for that price with the same amplification.

My multichannel nord is fine for atmos etc....nowhere near 4k
Is that a 7 channel Purify amp? Otherwise we are comparing apples and oranges.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom