Not Able to Reset HP Stream Laptop

DHarrison1221

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I recently purchased a pre-owned HP Stream 11-r000 Notebook PC and don't have the password to the account on the device. However, despite trying to reset the PC multiple times by holding the Shift and Reset button, I can't due to the fact that 'Additional Free Space' is needed on the drive. Is there any way I can work around this easily and, if not, what should my next action be?

IIRC Microsoft did incorporate the special low storage mode these ultra budget machines use into the normal WIndows 10 install so downloading the installer from the microsoft website and using that may work.

Alternatively if it's just an account password and the data isn't encrypted then booting another operating system from USB drive (many Linux distros offer this option) will allow you to access the contents of the hard drive and delete any extra files.

I think on any Windows 10 machine... If you restart the laptop 3 times in a row... On the third you will be presented with the recovery consul thingy..... Then you can reset the laptop.

I did it a while back on a Dell and it worked.

Hopefully this will help.... If it still works.

Ice

I think on any Windows 10 machine... If you restart the laptop 3 times in a row... On the third you will be presented with the recovery consul thingy..... Then you can reset the laptop.

I did it a while back on a Dell and it worked.

Hopefully this will help.... If it still works.

Ice
Sadly, this did not work for me. If I hold shift whilst pressing reset I have a variety of options but either there isn't enough memory space or I need the password. Thanks though!

Anything on this page help?

Try it...

Ice

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom