Novice

zarbie1

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I know very little about pc tech. Son is looking at moving away from PS4 to gaming pc. What would be a good starting point. Not breaking bank. Don’t want to get ripped off by sales people. Thoughts suggestions would be awesome. Go easy on the tech talk. Cheers in advance

Really depends what games your son will be playing also what resolution screen will it be on ?

Ok not really sure. Guessing fortnite being one. Husband has mentioned call of duty. Some racing games Dirt? I think. I just assumed there was one type of screen 🙄

Ok not really sure. Guessing fortnite being one. Husband has mentioned call of duty. Some racing games Dirt? I think. I just assumed there was one type of screen 🙄

The reason I asked is newer titles generally put more demand on the system and require a better spec to perform optimally, now fortnite isn't very demanding neither are the call of duty titles generally but games like dirt are more demanding, I'm guessing its going to be a 1080p screen ? again the higher the resolution 1440p or 4k will require a lot more graphics power to play games at their best.

Unfortunately £500 is quite a limited budget for a gaming PC as the graphics cards are not cheap, also are you looking for a ready built system or are you building from parts ?

Thank you for that. Very useful information. We would be looking at a ready built system. I would love to build from parts but don’t have a clue. With regard to screen the higher res the better but can imagine price is creeping up.
apologies for all the questions. Graphics cards.... what is best and what should I avoid. I suppose I should ask that in general what should I avoid.

Thank you for that. Very useful information. We would be looking at a ready built system. I would love to build from parts but don’t have a clue. With regard to screen the higher res the better but can imagine price is creeping up.
apologies for all the questions. Graphics cards.... what is best and what should I avoid. I suppose I should ask that in general what should I avoid.

So are you needing a screen also in the price ?

What is the best graphics card is very difficult to answer to be honest, I'm not that up on ready built systems so it might be a good idea to ask in the PC gaming section PC Gaming & Rigs

I did put together a parts suggestion which would make a decent start gaming system but I wasn't including a monitor in the budget ?

I know you said you wanted ready built but they are really easy to do nowadays and could make a nice family project with plenty of help available on the forums here. :)

Ok cool. Monitor doesn’t need to be in price. As there are so many deals out there. Building just gives me the fear. Really appreciate the comments and help.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom