NVIDIA SHIELD Android TV Owners Thread

Is it the latest spmc version as believe older one had issues with couple scrapers and newer version came out in feb to fix

Seems from looking over at spmc koyring may be back working with kodi directly and spmc may be phased out

Is it the latest spmc version as believe older one had issues with couple scrapers and newer version came out in feb to fix

Seems from looking over at spmc koyring may be back working with kodi directly and spmc may be phased out
ok thanks will have a butchers,i just found SPMC a bit faster ,also streamed slightly better from pc.

ok thanks will have a butchers,i just found SPMC a bit faster ,also streamed slightly better from pc.

That’s always been my experience too but from looking at various comments along with the thing that kodi themselves seem to see just how good and powerful the shield is it seems there may no longer be the need for a more Android / shield platform

That’s always been my experience too but from looking at various comments along with the thing that kodi themselves seem to see just how good and powerful the shield is it seems there may no longer be the need for a more Android / shield platform
Ok i see your point they are virtually the same ,i thought the SPMC was developed for the shield thats all.

Ok i see your point they are virtually the same ,i thought the SPMC was developed for the shield thats all.

As I understand it you are pretty much correct
Koyring, developer of spmc, forked off from kodi for an android specific version which, with success of the shield, became the go to version for shield users

However the kodi guys always seem to welcome feedback and help etc and seems a lot of what koyring did seemed to end up in kodi and the difference between the two seemed to get smaller

From comments over at spmc it seems koyring is now back with kodi as a developer so imagine spmc itself will get updated less and less

anyone else have any current issues with SPMC added artwork just wont work at all.
kodi wont even play some of my videos thats why im so keen to get it back working correctly ..

Is there a V17 version of SPMC I can install on the Shield?

I have a server and other clients all on this version and share a library via mysql which is my reasoning behind it.

Prefer SPMC to plain KODI as that keep stopping playback randomly for some reason.
i agree spmc way better than kodi for me as well until today .....:(

See above.
There where postings over at spmc regards the scrapers stopping and I believe artwork and a newer stable version was released in February
There are also numerous “non release” versions of spmc listed there and I’ve been using them and never had a problem

It does seem though that’s if as what is being banded about On the spmc message board is correct, that koyring is working as a developer for kodi so I would imagine the normal release versions of kodi will soon be “as good” as spmc

See above.
There where postings over at spmc regards the scrapers stopping and I believe artwork and a newer stable version was released in February
There are also numerous “non release” versions of spmc listed there and I’ve been using them and never had a problem

It does seem though that’s if as what is being banded about On the spmc message board is correct, that koyring is working as a developer for kodi so I would imagine the normal release versions of kodi will soon be “as good” as spmc
Thanks can you recommend a good release of working SPMC could try ,also do i install it through an apk file using file explorer ? sorry a little new to this

Thanks can you recommend a good release of working SPMC could try ,also do i install it through an apk file using file explorer ? sorry a little new to this

Latest release version with the scraper fix is

Release 16.7.3 · koying/SPMC · GitHub

And install via file explorer. If using a previous 16.x build I believe it should just update and leave your settings as are

There are various 17.x versions also available but I don’t believe koyring ever made them as a stable release version and again if some of the comments on message board are accurate I would imagine these will dry up and koyring will use his knowledge to just the standard kodi and 18.x

Latest release version with the scraper fix is

Release 16.7.3 · koying/SPMC · GitHub

And install via file explorer. If using a previous 16.x build I believe it should just update and leave your settings as are

There are various 17.x versions also available but I don’t believe koyring ever made them as a stable release version and again if some of the comments on message board are accurate I would imagine these will dry up and koyring will use his knowledge to just the standard kodi and 18.x
Thank you will have a go tomorrow.

Plenty of tutorials on YouTube
Hi thanks but well confused ,do i download this onto a memory stick and plug it into the shield or do i install from SPMC ? sorry never done anything other than on computers before .....
spent hours last night going round in circles..

I’ve never used that particular add on but quick glance at link provided suggests it’s installed pretty much same as all other addons regardless of device you are running

Go to file manager within kodi/spmc
Add the repository
Go to system settings and addons and install from zip
Go to the repository you have just added and install
Then back to addons and install from repository and then locate the repo just added

Without wishing to appear rude / condescending I would say that if you are not too sure how to add repos and new addons then you really do need to spend a good couple hours practicing.

There are some great you tube addons and kodi addons - MJD appears to have good tutorials.

The procedure for addons will always be same
Add the repo location in file manager
Install repo
Install addons from repo

Once you managed a couple you will be fine

Without wishing to appear rude / condescending I would say that if you are not too sure how to add repos and new addons then you really do need to spend a good couple hours practicing.

There are some great you tube addons and kodi addons - MJD appears to have good tutorials.

The procedure for addons will always be same
Add the repo location in file manager
Install repo
Install addons from repo

Once you managed a couple you will be fine
Hey no not at all we all have to learn ,i do believe i have added it from a usb stick with the help of my old m8 google ....it looks a lot better now with some artwork ,many thanks for the advice :D

I know most on here will probably be using the Shield purely as a streamer whether via Plex, Kodi/SPMC or other apps so this could be a niche question, but does anyone else have a GeForce Now membership?

I've had one for the entire time I've had my Shield, a good 16 months or so. Graphics are decent, mix of games ok and other than the odd network issue from Nvidia's servers it's been decent.

But I'm getting increasingly annoyed at Nvidia's total lack of game updates and poor communication for the past 3 months. There hasn't been a single new title added, there used to be one every Tuesday. They have rolled out GeForce Now to Mac and PC users and the amount of titles not available for the Shield are WAY better than anything we've ever had on their own, proprietary console!

It's cheap for what it is and for a sort of casual gamer I can't complain too much given the price but seriously. Shield owners are getting shafted when you compare it.

just been on the SPMC site and yes there is an issue with the movie database scraper.
at least its not me this time :laugh:

Anyone have this issue and more importantly a fix?

Streaming any video from my windows server to Shield (2015 model) with Kodi Krypton, every movie will randomly stop and go back to folder view meaning you have to resume

Becoming a PITA

I have similar issues with the std kodi ,but SPMC is so much smoother.....i get a few issues with just kodi..just waiting on a fix for the movie database atm on the spmc.
give it try ..

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom