Observer System Redux

Looks fantastic :)

To me it doesn’t really look that impressive compared to current games. The only game that’s impressed me so far was that Hellblade 2 demo on the Series X at its reveal. Lots more games to come though.

To me it doesn’t really look that impressive compared to current games. The only game that’s impressed me so far was that Hellblade 2 demo on the Series X at its reveal. Lots more games to come though.

It's a fair upgrade on the current gen version but agree, looking for a bit more from next gen.

Hard to judge Hellblade from a pre-rendered cut-scene, but it is the best of the very little next gen content we've seen so far. The first game was also quite pretty, although it was also really dull.

I played the original on PS4 it's ok, this is for sure a step up graphics wise with some nice raytracing effects, although for me not really worth getting again just for that.

It's a fair upgrade on the current gen version but agree, looking for a bit more from next gen.

Hard to judge Hellblade from a pre-rendered cut-scene, but it is the best of the very little next gen content we've seen so far. The first game was also quite pretty, although it was also really dull.
Hellblade 2 was supposedly using game engine graphics. Besides, despite being well received by the critics I don't expect it to sell well to the xbox fan base.

Hellblade 2 was supposedly using game engine graphics. Besides, despite being well received by the critics I don't expect it to sell well to the xbox fan base.

Yes "in-engine" but not gameplay.

What we’re likely looking at is a trailer built with Unreal Engine 4 on a powerful PC (Xbox Series X hardware wasn’t finalized until recently, so it’s unlikely an official dev kit was used) then polished up a bit for its big debut. It should also be mentioned that trailer is only running at 3840x1608 rather than true 4K due to the black bars at the top and bottom of the screen, and mastered at 24fps. So yeah, the trailer isn’t pure fantasy, but temper your expectations a bit – we’ll have to wait to see what Hellblade II looks like running on actual hardware at full resolution and 30 or 60fps.

But regardless I'm looking forward to seeing more, I would be delighted to see enough interesting games on the Series X to get one as my secondary. Totally bored with the Switch now and my son will probably take it away to Uni anyway.

Mixed reviews for the ps4 version, anyone actually played it here?

Ps plus fodder in May I reckon.

Seeing as wrc is currently half price I imagine that'll be ps plus fodder too in the relatively near future

Last edited:
Anyone picked this up? £20 in the sale looks worth it perhaps?
I was thinking about doing so. If they don't reduce sack boy then I might buy this instead.

But ps plus in April looks more likely

It's got the amazing Rutger Hauer in, I really should buy it but sack boy is pulling me towards its pastel shaded playground.
I hope more folks post their thoughts on this as it does divide opinion.

It's got the amazing Rutger Hauer in, I really should buy it but sack boy is pulling me towards its pastel shaded playground.
I hope more folks post their thoughts on this as it does divide opinion.
I found it a little slow at times, in terms of pacing etc. so by no means a perfect game. Quite easy to find yourself walking in a circle unsure how to progress which indicates imperfect game design rather than a genuine challenge.

That said, the the dream hacking sequences on the PS5 alone justify playing it I’d say.

I get lost in games all the time, think I'll wait for ps plus.
Cheers

Anyone playing this on PS5? I’ve been playing the 60fps mode and after a while the graphics keep pixelating when rotating the camera. Restarting the game fixes it for awhile it it keeps coming back. Other PS5 games seem fine, it’s just this one giving me problems. Any feedback much appreciated.

Edit: It appears that this is part of the game, and a result of not taking your medication :laugh:

Last edited:
Finished this today. I enjoyed playing it, but half the time I hadn’t got a clue what was going on 🤷‍♂️

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom