Oculus Quest

Absolutely amazing price for what looks like a damn good product . Unlike go this may get me to splash out.
I am dissapointed it's using the snapdragon 835 but then no idea how much a premium 845 (or if 855 would even be possible) would add.
As a pc vr enthusiast it is the rift I am interested in but despite my dissapoinent in that I am interested in quest.

Looks good but that name is horrible.

This is the future for Oculus I’m sure.

Looks good but that name is horrible.

This is the future for Oculus I’m sure.
Fait make the plucky fait 500 but they also make the La Ferrari.
Oculus claim that going forward they will be offering a 3 tier lineup . Believe em or not, time will tell

If they get something like Fortnite running on it - it will be on every kids Christmas list for 2019.

I think they'll clean up tbh. Black Friday 2019 could be a very big day for Oculus.

I think this looks really good and it reminds me of ready player one to be honest.

Once we start down this road of fully wireless VR then it's only waiting on the tech to improve before we start seeing incredible VR experiences without any need for PC or console

If this can deliver a comparable experience to PSVR with the likes of Superhot for example I am totally sold.

It looks like the tracking will be even better than PSVR as well.

I'm interested.

Especially with new Star Wars title announced

When they can cram the power of a 2080ti into it, let me know.

When they can cram the power of a 2080ti into it, let me know.

By the time they can do that I expect the 2580Ti will be on the market lol :D

I've got no interest in standalone VR tbh. One of the big points of standalone VR is that it's portable but there's no way in hell that I'm bringing an expensive electronic device outside my door in Tottenham, it wouldn't last 5 minutes lol :D

It's high-end PC VR for me all the way.

In the future it would be cool if we could buy the latest and greatest stand alone hmd and as an option either hook a hdmi cable to it to our pc or better yet a wireless dongle and get the best of both worlds.
Not exactly like but a little bit like the logic of the switch

I think this looks really good and it reminds me of ready player one to be honest.

Once we start down this road of fully wireless VR then it's only waiting on the tech to improve before we start seeing incredible VR experiences without any need for PC or console

If this can deliver a comparable experience to PSVR with the likes of Superhot for example I am totally sold.

It looks like the tracking will be even better than PSVR as well.
+1 on the Ready Player One reference. Hopefully this will start a chain of development with other companies like HTC etc. By 3rd Gen VR things will definitely start getting interesting.

Last edited:
The Quest does look to be a good little bit of kit. But ultimately it will thrive or sort of survive depending on the social integrations facebook/oculus integrate into it.
And lets be honest they don't seem to be that keen on the idea. For example the Facebook app on the Rift...….…. its crap at best. The few social apps on the Oculus store are weak in content and don't have more than a handful of users at best.
The weakest part of the Oculus VR system is the core of Facebook. Social interaction!

I must admit I am surprised Facebook have not pushed that more .I don't care. Social interaction in vr is not my thing..... But I am surprised.

The major VR players are full of dumb mistakes.
HTC Vive Pro - over priced
M$ naming their headsets as mixed reality, confusing consumers.
Facebook owning a market leading brand and not implementing a social aspect.

Oh well

If I wanted to be sociable I wouldn't be sitting alone, in the dark, with two bloomin great big screens strapped to my eyeballs lol :D

Sorry for the blatant ignorance but how do you play it if it doesn't require a PC?

That you download games to or something? I'm trying to figure out how I'd play this Vader VR experience

It has 64gb storage onboard.
Think of it like a very souped up gear vr only it is not a phone inside but just the compute.parts of the phone

Thanks. I’ve never done VR except the void and I’ve been waiting for a proper wireless VR experience to come along so I haven’t got to cut all my walls out again to accommodate the wires.

I think the quest will be a decent piece of kit for people like yourself. Just don't expect super high end experiences like pCARS2 or Elite dangerous

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom