Oculus Quest

Good start. Order placed and then cancelled 10 mins later. Support said they are reviewing why and will get back to me in 24-48 hours. Yay won't be using their store again lol.

I really hadn't realised the games are digital.......lol - thanks guys.

Quest arrived today. Not got it setup yet. Is it still possible to mod beat saber with custom songs?

Answer my own question. Yes you can still mod beat saber with custom songs. Installed side quest earlier and did it that way.

As for the quest well I'm really impressed. The ease of use is just a massive feather in its cap. With the rift I had to unpack all the kit, setup sensors, room space, guardian etc each time. With the quest I just switch on, grab the controllers and I'm away. Only tried beat saber and robo recall so far. The latter I was most interested in comparison wise and it looks far better than I expected. You can tell the difference that's for sure but the core gameplay is untouched.

Quite tempted by that new game 'Pistol Whip' but it's not got a price yet (out today?)

Pistol whip now on the store for £18.99.
It looks fab :)

I've got my eye on one for Christmas but I am holding out to see what happens in the Black Friday / Cyber Monday sales with prices. Do Oculus products see much of a discount in these sales, and if so where is it best to keep my eyes peeled?

I've got my eye on one for Christmas but I am holding out to see what happens in the Black Friday / Cyber Monday sales with prices. Do Oculus products see much of a discount in these sales, and if so where is it best to keep my eyes peeled?

Same for me, im 100% getting one, 3 weeks till BF tho, not sure i can hold out.
Amazon are doing 5 months 0%, works out at about £80 a month.

Enoying pistol whip, getting a right old sweat up on it though in my defense im an old boy now lol.
I'd be playing now but made the mistake of giving the mrs a go on beat sabre.

Enoying pistol whip, getting a right old sweat up on it though in my defense im an old boy now lol.
I'd be playing now but made the mistake of giving the mrs a go on beat sabre.

Haha likewise. I had a right sweat on trying to be a John wick wannabe. Nearly pulled my back out lol.

Haha likewise. I had a right sweat on trying to be a John wick wannabe. Nearly pulled my back out lol.

Lols Glad to hear its not just me then :facepalm:

Got an invite to a beta test for eleven table tennis last night. It's obviously at an early stage and has bugs but the core gameplay was excellent. Really well done.

Yeah, picked it up as soon as it landed. Initially I was a bit nonplussed, but then the brilliance of the game began to shine. Really enjoying it now :)

Got this on Friday night - have Beat Saber and Pistol Whip atm and both are awesome. I can't add custom songs though on BS @addyb you said you have? BMBF throws up an error which from searching seems to be common enough and someone who has posted a youtube video on how to add songs has tried it and seems to think that if you are on latest version of BS you can't add custom songs anymore? I have downloaded tonnes of songs so it's very frustrating to not be able to use them.

PW I'm loving - my biggest issue is the walls you encounter in front of you - I don't have a big playing area and am afraid to step too much to the side and swaying doesn't appear to be enough?

Anyway my hamstrings and groin area are aching this morning from all the crouching in both games lol - it's quite a work out for an old man like me (47) :)

Got this on Friday night - have Beat Saber and Pistol Whip atm and both are awesome. I can't add custom songs though on BS @addyb you said you have? BMBF throws up an error which from searching seems to be common enough and someone who has posted a youtube video on how to add songs has tried it and seems to think that if you are on latest version of BS you can't add custom songs anymore? I have downloaded tonnes of songs so it's very frustrating to not be able to use them.

PW I'm loving - my biggest issue is the walls you encounter in front of you - I don't have a big playing area and am afraid to step too much to the side and swaying doesn't appear to be enough?

Anyway my hamstrings and groin area are aching this morning from all the crouching in both games lol - it's quite a work out for an old man like me (47) :)

You can’t beat a good, groinal workout :laugh:

I followed this guide mate.

Oh and I've a big playing area and still away. Works fine for me. Beat Saber is soo good though. The accessibility of the quest is great. I watched a film last night which finished at 11pm. Normally with the rift I'd of said it's too late to set all that up now, but with the quest it's just pick up and play. Had a cheeky half hour on beat saber :)

Got mine Saturday, ordered from Curry's through eBay with there 10% off code eBay were running last week. Was gonna wait for Black Friday but couldn't see anyone knocking more than the £40 off I saved on eBay. Will wait and see if the Oculus store has any game offers though.
Literally the whole family has loved it, which was good because the wife moaned like mad when I told her I'd ordered it.
Have put a few side quest games on for now and there really impressive.

Loving the quest, have a question ref beat saber, on the demo you put your name onto a leaderboard and that was great for family competition but in the full game you can’t do this or am I missing something?

Got mine Saturday, ordered from Curry's through eBay with there 10% off code eBay were running last week. Was gonna wait for Black Friday but couldn't see anyone knocking more than the £40 off I saved on eBay. Will wait and see if the Oculus store has any game offers though.
Literally the whole family has loved it, which was good because the wife moaned like mad when I told her I'd ordered it.
Have put a few side quest games on for now and there really impressive.
Damn, I would probably have bitten at £40 off!

my PSVR is up for sale, i should really wait to sell that before i buy..... shouldnt i?

Loving the quest, have a question ref beat saber, on the demo you put your name onto a leaderboard and that was great for family competition but in the full game you can’t do this or am I missing something?
I'm sure if you go into party mode it will allow family names to be added to the leader board

Damn, I would probably have bitten at £40 off!

my PSVR is up for sale, i should really wait to sell that before i buy..... shouldnt i?

Nah! Buy it now :D My outlook is that we are all on borrowed time, and tomorrow isn’t guaranteed for everyone. If I want something, and I can afford it, I get it now, as long as it’s not to the detriment of others :)

Nah! Buy it now :D My outlook is that we are all on borrowed time, and tomorrow isn’t guaranteed for everyone. If I want something, and I can afford it, I get it now, as long as it’s not to the detriment of others :)

I do concur Sir :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom