Question Odd error code (CE-41797-8) on PS4 when installing game off disk?

RathBorn99

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hey all. I am posting here due to an odd issue that occurred yesterday when installing a game from the disk. I was installing a newly purchased copy of Doom Eternal when the installation finished and a cross appeared over the installation bar. When I clicked on the application I got the error code CE-41797-8 and the message "Cannot Start the Application". When I look for information about this code online I found no mention of it any where even on the official Playstation site. All I found was information about error code CE-30005-8. Has anyone encounted this error code before? What does it mean?

It's an update from playstation that's corrupted. See if it is stuck in yout download. If not, might have to roll back or factory reset.

Hey. BB3Lions. I'm sorry but I am a bit confused about what you mean by update from playstation that was corrupted? Everything else works fine.

if you google the code and put it in speech marks, the link goes to a forum that mentions an update from March.

That is all I can find on the error same as you

Thanks for the response. It is weird that there is hardly any information out there about this error code apart from the mention of the reddit thread you pointed out and the other mention I found on a question posted on the site 2Kgamer. Where someone came across the error when trying to start a game. I removed the disk and it did have a smudge on it. So i deleted the file of the system and cleaned the disk and reinstalled it and it no works fine.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom