Odd Hdr Issue Ps4 Pro help

D

Deleted member 821922

Hi everyone,

Bare with me as i need to explain this and I'm not massively tech minded.

So my old 4k NU7470 when playing games that use ps4 hdr slider (2 white box calibration). Usually the 2 boxes used to match at around 1000 (battlefield 5, red dead redemption 2 etc) and 10 (fifa 19, battlefront 2). Every now and again something would happen where i would re-do the test would need putting up to a higher number, way higher sometimes all the way to max and it still wouldn't match. This did effect the hdr slightly, for example, on gt sport the peak brightness setting (in game) was usually at 4, when the hdr slider messed up, the peak brightness would be at 8 but the sun brightness was effected, more of a bright dot rather than a bright sun which was making the clouds bright around it.

Has anyone else had this issue? My new tv i bought yesterday has done the same, first time i went on it, the 2 boxes matched around the 1000 or 10 mark but after going back on later it did the same thing, usually this is sorted by turning everything off and back on again.

Hopefully I've explained it well enough, thanks for any help or advice in advance.

Mike

Would you have to adjust the settings on your TV as well as the PS4 in order to get the things to match properly? I’ve had to do that before.

Would you have to adjust the settings on your TV as well as the PS4 in order to get the things to match properly? I’ve had to do that before.
How do you mean? I basically just leave the settings when it changes over to hdr mode so full backlight and contrast etc, the only things i turn off is any post processing features. Its very strange when it does it though, its stopped doing it now, i turned off the input plus for hdmi 3 then turned it back on, ps4 is now doing the slider test in games normally again, 1000 or 10% usually matches the 2 boxes depending on the game. I did think that it would be a higher number though now my tv has higher nit range but maybe its something to so with tone mapping etc

How do you mean? I basically just leave the settings when it changes over to hdr mode so full backlight and contrast etc, the only things i turn off is any post processing features. Its very strange when it does it though, its stopped doing it now, i turned off the input plus for hdmi 3 then turned it back on, ps4 is now doing the slider test in games normally again, 1000 or 10% usually matches the 2 boxes depending on the game. I did think that it would be a higher number though now my tv has higher nit range but maybe its something to so with tone mapping etc
It might have just been a glitch and that reset has fixed it. As these TVs get more bells and whistles there is more chance of glitches like this. Mine has some odd issues that are intermittent and you just have to turn it off and on again to fix.

Its done it again this morning, turned everything off and back on, still the same. It did it every now and again on my old tv but this new one appears to be more frequent. Its so odd how it only does it every now and again, it even does it on the ps4 hdr setup screen they added in version 7.00.

Its done it again this morning, turned everything off and back on, still the same. It did it every now and again on my old tv but this new one appears to be more frequent. Its so odd how it only does it every now and again, it even does it on the ps4 hdr setup screen they added in version 7.00.
If it’s doing it on two TVs I would think it would be the PS4 that seems to be resetting the calibration on its own settings somehow. Personally I have HDR turned off on the PS4 as I didn’t think it gave that nice of an effect. Hope you figure it out.

I hope so too, on my old set the hdr was a bit meh but on my new one completely different, night and day difference. I will have a look later and try figure it out.

Well I've tried everything and no joy, I've no idea what's causing it, it wasn't this frequent on my old nu7470, i can't believe no one else on other forums or youtube has had this issue.

Well I've tried everything and no joy, I've no idea what's causing it, it wasn't this frequent on my old nu7470, i can't believe no one else on other forums or youtube has had this issue.
Have you tried a different HDMI lead and/or input?

Yeah I've tried a few different ones. I found a video showing the issue

I used to have a nu7470 that this would happen on very rarely, i just got a q85r on friday, its happened most of day saturday, this morning was fine, turned it on before and back to being wrong. I will give the ps a soft reboot, it also happens on xbox too

Is the PS4 under warranty.?
If so, I would call them up

Edit: Noticed happens on the Xbox too :/

Is the PS4 under warranty.?
If so, I would call them up

Edit: Noticed happens on the Xbox too :/
Yeah on both consoles, its so strange, its almost like the tone mapping screws up but for no reason, been on to Samsung 4 times, don't want to know, just excuse after excuse, its everything but the tv. I know its been reported by multiple people on different models, Q80R, Q85R & Q90R but they are saying they have no complaints about it but they have.

Yeah on both consoles, its so strange, its almost like the tone mapping screws up but for no reason, been on to Samsung 4 times, don't want to know, just excuse after excuse, its everything but the tv. I know its been reported by multiple people on different models, Q80R, Q85R & Q90R but they are saying they have no complaints about it but they have.
Chat to the retailer about it and see what they have to say about it.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom