Office 365 for Business Email Question

chrisloudon

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok troops,

After migrating the bulk of my company emails (users) to Office 365 for Business I now have an issue with adding non-user emails without the need to assign the email a license at £9.40 each. While I am happy to pay for people to access the service I would feel a bit hard-done-by if my accounts@, feedback@ or info@ addresses all require a license as well. Can anyone confirm this is the case?

Asuming I'm stuffed and that is indeed the case, how can I revert to my original domain provider to host these additional mailboxes? I have just tried with the user credentials and imap / pop3 settings I used before moving to Office 365 but now I can only send from one of these addresses with recieving throwing a 550 5.1.10 error.

Thanks

Chris

I only use the charity version of office365, but I think the answer should be the same.

You can create accounts@ as a distribution group, which will then send emails received to any users in that group. Replies will be from individual accounts.

Getting deeper in, you can allow users to “send as”.

If accounts@ is just for one user, you can add it to that users account as an alias.

Use shared mailboxes for accounts@, sales@, etc. These have to be assigned to named accounts but they are free (i.e. you don't pay any extra for them).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom