Question Official charger vs eBay charger (macbook pro)

Stampax

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all, so i've got my new macbook pro and seems like they have changed the charger, so my old ones (from macbook 2011) no longer work. So I need a new one for work - apple charge 65 quid, but you can buy "genuine" ones on eBay for 30 quid, or non genuine ones for 20 quid on eBay. Anyone done this? Any advantage or problems to buying the non genuine ones? And are the genuine ones really likely to be that?

Many many fakes around on ebay that break in days - weeks. Best looking for a third party UK supplier who you can get a no hassle refund from if you have issues. You need to check it's the right magsafe connector for your laptop and the correct wattage.

I can't speak for Macbook chargers specifically but I wouldn't buy a 'genuine' item from ebay. You're just asking to be ripped off. I would prefer a third party item over a copy (that claims to be genuine or not) as it's far more likely to be priced to reflect it's quality.

awesome - brought. thanks.
WARNING!! You still need to check your old power adapters are the right wattage still or it may not work if using magsafe adapters. Don't use a lower wattage power adapter as you may damage the new Macbook Pro. Higher wattage than it needs should be alright. But still I'd get the same wattage to be sure. No good being cheap and bricking your whole Macbook.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom