Oh my !!

If that's 100mm soil pipe then I'd guess around 75mm deep! o_O

Seen this sort of thing quite often. Usually when the Poles have been on site.

if I didn't need the job then I would inform local building control about all the other corners cut as well
Do you want to be employed or do you want to be on TV (Rogue Traders)? :p

Hi and common sense tells me that the picture shown highlights an awful job.

Just furtner my education, what will the consequence of this awful job be and what is the probability of the consequence actually occurring

Just furtner my education, what will the consequence of this awful job be and what is the probability of the consequence actually occurring

will the homeowner say anything though , that's what worries , me , hide it behind a stud wall and you would never know , especially if you bought the house in the future ......

The wall above the pipe and the roof might end up in the room below It.

Trying to work out the wall construction- is it a solid brick wall without a cavity? It looks like There’s a cavity on the RHS. How on earth did the bricks not start to drop during the work?

I suppose it might hold up. That foam doesn’t compress much at all unless there’s point loading.

absolute lash up regardless.

Report it. Why does it even need to be recessed in the first place? There's plenty of room in there.

It's a 9" wall with no cavity, all of the purins have been cut out because we have added some 7"x2" rafters so then the pulins are not needed. The wall where the soil pipe is is going to be dot and dabbed so his thinking is that the plasterboard will tie the brickwork in 🤣 . I am in the process of looking for another job once I have found one then I will report it . The company as a whole is very ropey all his online reviews are done by his employees before I joined

I can’t think of a worse job than loft conversions. I done one just before Xmas. Old insulation, kingspan and constantly bent down and then bashing your head on rafters 😡

Report it. Why does it even need to be recessed in the first place? There's plenty of room in there.

Probably to squeeze the Bathroom/Shower room in Next to the bedroom up there. A soil pipe takes up a lot of Room. Not excusing it, just trying to explain why someone would do it.

If you want to see incompetent work, move to the continent and employ one of the local English 'builders'...

For 200-250 notes a day you get someone who's skill level isn't even up to that of a weekend warrior.

Funnily enough this week I was asked by one of my regular customers if I wanted to do two Bathrooms in his villa in Spain. I said I’d think about it.

I would take a bet that there are botch jobs similar to this all over the Country. Not just in loft conversations either.

The best person to do any building work (skill level excepted) is the one who owns it. Nobody else has the vested interest to 'get it right'.

It is scary where this could end.

A few years back a friend had a loft conversion. The builders removed a lintel, or whatever, and obviously didn't have sufficient bracing / support. In the middle of the night the roof and one side of the house collapsed. It went straight through theirs and their kids bedrooms.

Fortunately, they were on holiday. They got a call from the builder. God know's, they were fudgeing lucky. Still gives me the shivers to think how it could have ended.

Of course it is plastic: I was joking, hence the :devil: . The only thing that should be in a cavity that large is an rsj to hold up the brickwork.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom