old gamepad

cylonwarrior

Prominent Member
Reaction score
hello all could somebody with the knowledge and good memory advise me on a decent PC gaming pad and mouse made around 2003

Last edited:
Very specific question - what you up to? :D
There was the Logitech MX510 which was the goto back then, that or I think an early version of the Razer Boomslang was the other one I recall seeing a lot of in the early days of first person shooters. A lot of us made do with a decent Microsoft mouse. Think it was a few years later that MS got in on the mouse game with the Sidewinder Gaming Mouse (2005? 2006? ish)
Pads was a very wild west affair - it wasn't as standard as it is now with the four buttons, triggers and bumpers and a lot of games simply didn't support joypads - flight sim type stuff was joystick only (analogue input) . There was a lot of grey market SNES or PS1 style USB controllers you could pick up or USB adapters to plug those into a PC I remember getting at a computer fair.
There was some earlier pads - Gravis Gamepad - think this was late 90's, I remember having a go on one very early in my PC gaming days, Microsoft Sidewinder Gamepad Pro - I had 2 of these can't recall the year, Saitek back in the day produced a lot of pads too before Logitech gobbled them up.
MS went truly bizarre with controllers - have a look at some of their Sidewinder range from back then, and I bought quite a lot of it - I had the gamepad above but also the Strategic Commander and two of the Gamevoice units as I had a dual PC gaming setup for original Medal of Honour online :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom