OLED Price Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
As if on cue, JL have accepted a PM for 2999 on the 65EC970V from Direct TVs (Appliances Direct). It's almost as though they monitor these threads. *slowly begins pulling tin foil from roll*

The only issue is that they've said they'll refund the difference after purchase, which would be £750 as the trade-in discount is applied at checkout with a £250 voucher, making the initial purchase price £3749. At least that's how I think it works, I'll check with them before purchase. Otherwise it would be better not to use the voucher and sell the old TV separately.

Glad they finally relented. I think the trade in discount would be separate, as its actually in exchange for your old TV, rather then a straight discount. But you never know.

As an alternative Costco are doing it for £3189.99 with the LG LAS550H soundbar. One advantage is they have a 90 day no quibble (really is no quibble in my experience) returns policy. Disadvantage is I think its +5% if you order online and aren't a member, which not everyone can be.

Glad they finally relented. I think the trade in discount would be separate, as its actually in exchange for your old TV, rather then a straight discount. But you never know.
I did query it and found their answer wasn't particularly well worded. Although, I haven't had any caffeine yet this morning so perhaps I'm just being dim.

Q: I have a question regarding the price match which I hope you can help me with. Is the refund calculated against the list price of the item or the order total including any vouchers / discounts? For example, if I were to purchase the item at £3999 and then apply a trade-in discount of £250 for my existing TV at check-out would I be refunded £1000 against the list price of the item or £750 against the entire order?

A: As the trade in is a separate offer we would only refund the difference of the price match of the original price with the competitor.
Therefore we would still price match the price of £2,998.99 however you would get the £250.00 back in the trade in offer.
I think that means I'd only get £750 back. In which case I might just sit on the PM offer for a few weeks and see what happens in the sales.

I did query it and found their answer wasn't particularly well worded. Although, I haven't had any caffeine yet this morning so perhaps I'm just being dim.

I think that means I'd only get £750 back. In which case I might just sit on the PM offer for a few weeks and see what happens in the sales.

Actually I think you will get the full price match refund then the trade in separately.

The way they've worded it is a bit confusing, but I think they've taken their standard response and amended it slightly. And I imagine their standard response also takes into account the reverse circumstance. Where the competitor offers a trade in that they don't or where both offer it.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I think they are saying they will price match and refund the difference between what you pay for the TV against £2998. Then you will seperately get the £250 trade in. Makes sense as on the invoice I think you will see the two listed separately i.e the TV and the -£250 trade in. The price match is against the TV, not the total invoice. Say you bought a soundbar as well, they wouldn't count that in the price match would they (i.e. refund against the total invoice rather then the relevant item price).

Last edited:
Actually I think you will get the full price match refund then the trade in separately.

The way they've worded it is a bit confusing, but I think they've taken their standard response and amended it slightly. And I imagine their standard response also takes into account the reverse circumstance. Where the competitor offers a trade in that they don't or where both offer it.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I think they are saying they will price match and refund the difference between what you pay for the TV against £2998. Then you will seperately get the £250 trade in. Makes sense as on the invoice I think you will see the two listed separately i.e the TV and the -£250 trade in. The price match is against the TV, not the total invoice. Say you bought a soundbar as well, they wouldn't count that in the price match would they (i.e. refund against the total invoice rather then the relevant item price).
I just called JL and asked for clarification and they said the PM refund would be against the order total rather than the line item they'd matched and that there was no point in using the trade-in voucher. Yet more evidence that JL's PM has very little logical consistency.

My girlfriend is telling me just to buy the 65EC970 at 3k (not that she's absolutely sick of talking about TVs or anything...) but the closer we get to the NY sales the more I'm inclined to wait. I'm not sure this model will see any further price reduction but I'm wondering whether we might see a significant saving on the 65EF950V in anticipation of the new models to be introduced at CES, especially since LG have hinted that the RRP of new models will be lower than the current ones.

Decisions, decisions...

I just called JL and asked for clarification and they said the PM refund would be against the order total rather than the line item they'd matched and that there was no point in using the trade-in voucher. Yet more evidence that JL's PM has very little logical consistency.

My girlfriend is telling me just to buy the 65EC970 at 3k (not that she's absolutely sick of talking about TVs or anything...) but the closer we get to the NY sales the more I'm inclined to wait. I'm not sure this model will see any further price reduction but I'm wondering whether we might see a significant saving on the 65EF950V in anticipation of the new models to be introduced at CES, especially since LG have hinted that the RRP of new models will be lower than the current ones.

Decisions, decisions...

Wow, I guess I was wrong then :D Although not that surprised given its anyones guess which way they jump on their PM's. I'm sure I've read others got both in the past (i.e. full price match plus trade in, but I may be wrong).

From other replies I've seen here the trade in would be added at the end, is it not possible for you to pop in store and see what they say.

Not trying to be an ass, but would it be possible to move the price matching debates to a new thread, as I'm here to be notified of new price drops but it's now becoming mostly a price match debate.

Thank you

55EG920v now £2,099 at Crampton & Moore. Should be possible to get RicherSounds to beat this price by £100 making it £1,999

Crampton & Moore are showing at £2,249 for me

Prices for this are all over the place, the 55eg920v is now showing as £2,499 at Crampton & Moore! If only I'd been looking at this before Black Friday!!

This has been £1399.99 on a few occasions in the past - usually with a single retailer and shooting back up to £1799 or £1999.

At the moment, it's £1399.99 with:

RGB Direct
PRC Direct
Marks Electrical
Electrical Discount UK

Hopefully, that means that it's the standard price going forward and we'll see some further discounts in January after CES.
Yep.

There is hardly any real sale on large screen this year. am I right?
Yes your correct there's no point with the January sales anymore Black Friday is the time by the looks of things, the 65 have had no decent cuts all models £3700 ish Black Friday the 960 was £3000 the 950 £3600

John Lewis are selling used/ex-display 55EG960V's for £1750 with a 5 year guarantee. For sale in John Lewis Nottingham today.
IMG_20151229_120230536.jpg

That's a great deal. Tempted to pop to JL in Stratford to see if there's any going

Brave. Very brave.

I suspect there's a stock pile of sets like that about to flood the market. Avforum members returned sets.

Brave. Very brave.

I suspect there's a stock pile of sets like that about to flood the market. Avforum members returned sets.

hahahah about 10mins after posting that it did occur to me that MAYBE these are duff sets,

I'd be interested to know if there are any 65" deals with 5year warranties. A lot of my electronics have been outlet stock over the years and touch wood I've never had an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom