OLED Price Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t see how they can charge a premium for E8 this year just for the glass/perspex the screens on.I have an E7 and I’d say it was worth the extra because the sound is so much better but saying that I only paid £1499 for mine on 2017 Black Friday but the sound really is quite a lot better.

I don’t see how they can charge a premium for E8 this year just for the glass/perspex the screens on.I have an E7 and I’d say it was worth the extra because the sound is so much better but saying that I only paid £1499 for mine on 2017 Black Friday but the sound really is quite a lot better.

It does have a speaker "band" also. Nobody would buy it just for the design.

To be fair if you really want decent sound you don’t use the tv speakers anyway so I have never really understood people buying the more expensive versions because of the inbuilt tv speaker upgrade. They all sound crap compared to a proper sound system.

To be fair if you really want decent sound you don’t use the tv speakers anyway so I have never really understood people buying the more expensive versions because of the inbuilt tv speaker upgrade. They all sound crap compared to a proper sound system.

As has been said many times a lot of people (myself included) only use the sound system occasionally. At other times it's nice to have reasonable sound.

We don't watch a blockbuster movie every time we use our tvs , our surround system is fired up for either an evenings viewing or weekend viewing .

If it's just the odd programme the sound from the TV speakers will be used.

I can understand why someone would go for a decent TV speaker sound , let's face it , we on here are in the minority when it comes to surround systems whilst a massive percentage of owners have zero interest in anything more sound wise , the great picture is what the public are interested in first.

I think the majority of the public do want better sound, but aren't too fussed about getting it (or the picture either, they just want reasonable price/performance). Hence the rise in popularity of soundbars, the ability to get better sound without those old huge speakers.

If there was no sales in better inbuilt sound, the manufacturers wouldn't add models with them. Adding better sound at least lets the salesman push something at customers to buy a more expensive set.

For the sake of transparency, Richersounds have been in touch, and going through the processes of everything.

The only thing I'm still not keen on, however, is that all they're doing is speaking to Sony on my behalf - my warranty is with RS, not Sony.

Having taken Sony to small claims previously, but settled before any hearings etc, I'm not overly keen on letting them deal with any warranty situations again :D

But, to be clear, I am in regular contact with a nice gentleman, who's calling me on a weekly basis to keep me updated etc - can't fault this side of stuff :smashin:

Nice to have a company take notice for once, and put the effort in, even if I don't necessarily agree with their overall policy :)

Update again :)

@Richer Sounds

I've been in conversation with Richersounds & Sony for a little while now, and have the following to say:

• Sony continue to be the worst company I've dealt with for customer service, having personal experience with them and during my time at JL. They entirely ignored my question around 50 Hz playback, and advised that the TV was within spec.
  • Richersounds have been very professional, but on a fundamental level, I don't agree with their warranty policy. Currently, they'll do their utmost to hand you off to the manufacturer for them to deal with warranty, as opposed to sorting themselves. Not only is this against EU consumer law, it's frustrating as a customer. I'm buying the TV from Richersounds so I can deal with them, not the manufacturer.
  • RS have, ultimately, accepted the return on the TV, for which I'm extremely grateful for, but to put the problem into perspective, even my GF, who doesn't have great vision to start with (don't tell her I said that!) has pointed out the horrendous clouding on the TV, and it was again pointed out during a recent gaming session I had with a few mates, all of whom are "average consumers".
  • I'd like to re state that RS have been very professional throughout, and while I don't agree with their policy, they are willing to listen to you, and work out a deal that suits both parties. There are many companies that could take note of this.

Thank you to John, for spotting my original post - it's nice for such a large company to take note of consumers online.

Overall, I'm satisfied with the outcome, even if it shouldn't have taken quite as long as it did.

If you, the reader, can take away one thing from this little "story", it's that Sony are a disgrace in every way, shape or form. If you're going to buy their stuff, please make sure you do from a company like RS.

Are you really saying you have returned a Sony due to motion problems?

LOL Everyone has put the price of the 55C8 up to £2k what the hell.

Are you sure it’s £500 off the E8 now? The deals I see running between now and January is for a different tv if you look closely (the E8 timeline e finished in October, SK tv model deal is on now) unless I’m looking at it wrong?

Last edited:
Are you sure it’s £500 off the E8 now? The deals I see running between now and January is for a different tv if you look closely (the E8 timeline e finished in October, SK tv model deal is on now) unless I’m looking at it wrong?

Yes I got caught out by the same LG showy web page but if you read the smaller print it's only certain models at certain times and at the moment only a couple of LCD's. There is a link on that page showing models and dates:

LG Oled TVs Cashback Promotion

I'm sure if there was a good deal such as £500 off the E8 along with price matches people have then the E8 stock may go quickly.

So what do you guys think the C8/E8 will drop too on Boxing Day? Less than £1500.00 perhaps?

What about the Panasonic TX-65FZ802B? Currently £2,799 at JL/Currys, £2,445 at TPS, I have a price match with JL from Black Friday at £2,245 expiring tomorrow.

I'm very tempted to place the order today... and get it on Christmas Eve!

What about the Panasonic TX-65FZ802B? Currently £2,799 at JL/Currys, £2,445 at TPS, I have a price match with JL from Black Friday at £2,245 expiring tomorrow.

Why not? Probably not that much of a gamble.

Do it! We did and got the same price match with John Lewis nearly a month ago at £2245. Couldn’t be happier with the 65FZ802, and that was after having a not so good experience with an LG 65E7 earlier this year - sent it back after not getting on with its motion

So do you think a LG OLED55C8PLA is going to go cheaper than £1520 on Boxing Day?

That’s right it’ll be JL, what do you mean protected?
Anything you buy from JL is covered price wise by their 28 day post sale price promise. If either they or a competitor they would've matched anyway drops the prce in the 28 days following your sale, you take your receipt into store an ask for a refund.

I paid £1520 for my C8 back in october. Bought it at 1999, dropped within a week to 1699, then 1599, then on day 27 £1520.

Anything you buy from JL is covered price wise by their 28 day post sale price promise. If either they or a competitor they would've matched anyway drops the prce in the 28 days following your sale, you take your receipt into store an ask for a refund.

I paid £1520 for my C8 back in october. Bought it at 1999, dropped within a week to 1699, then 1599, then on day 27 £1520.

Ah ok that’s great, are you happy with your C8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom