OLED Price Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can get it for £1645 with a 5yr Warranty

Price has increased slightly to £1,659.99. John Lewis are still matching this and their £100 e-voucher promotion is available until 9th June. I've taken the plunge. Thanks for the tip.

I will of course now be watching prices like a hawk for next 28 days,

Any 77" C9 deals?I fear I may have missed the boat when Costco had theres up months ago.
tbh there was no boat missed. It went for 4500 there.
The 77’’ CX can be negotiated to 4600 or so.

The c9 just never got to clearance level prices like the other tvs. Despite the upset over the cx range, I wouldn’t pay the same price for last years model imo.

Interested to see what happens to the 77’’ model. I was aiming to buy it but it’s out of stock everywhere so by the time it’s in stock. It’ll probably be July. That’s only a couple of months away from price drop time so..: might be smart to wait and see.

tbh there was no boat missed. It went for 4500 there.
The 77’’ CX can be negotiated to 4600 or so.

The c9 just never got to clearance level prices like the other tvs. Despite the upset over the cx range, I wouldn’t pay the same price for last years model imo.

Interested to see what happens to the 77’’ model. I was aiming to buy it but it’s out of stock everywhere so by the time it’s in stock. It’ll probably be July. That’s only a couple of months away from price drop time so..: might be smart to wait and see.

I doubt we will see any new stock of C9 77. RS have told me it's now a discontinued line, so CX is probably now the way to go. Hopefully it will drop by BF if not before.

Anyone know the price of the LG65B9 at Costco? Says it's a members only deal.

The sony 55A8 for 1620 is mighty tempting, want one of the 2020 oleds with 120hz BFI but hard to decide if the LG CX is worth the extra as normally Sony is way more expensive and a bit better with motion.

Fun times deciding this!

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
The sony 55A8 for 1620 is mighty tempting, want one of the 2020 oleds with 120hz BFI but hard to decide if the LG CX is worth the extra as normally Sony is way more expensive and a bit better with motion.

Fun times deciding this!

The Sony A8 is aggressively priced this year - Sony normally charge more than LG and Panasonic. I am keen to see Vincent's review - it should be up any day now as he's already done an unboxing video.

I just don't like those legs on the A8 - I wish they had kept a pedestal stand. Going by the Sony website, it seems the placement of the legs are 4mm wider than the width of my cabinet (100.4cm vs 100cm)!

The Sony A8 is aggressively priced this year - Sony normally charge more than LG and Panasonic. I am keen to see Vincent's review - it should be up any day now as he's already done an unboxing video.

I just don't like those legs on the A8 - I wish they had kept a pedestal stand. Going by the Sony website, it seems the placement of the legs are 4mm wider than the width of my cabinet (100.4cm vs 100cm)!

Yeah for sure the stands are definitely a debatable design, I will be wall mounting mine so I can ignore them. Keenly waiting for Vincents review as well, offer ends end next week so will see if it's up before then :)

Hello has anyone got any price reductions for the LG C9 PLA 55 INCH please?

Well that's thrown a spanner in the works as I have a b9 on price match at JL for 1499 but tempted to get this for approx 150 more. As a gamer, my head says B9, but as a movie watcher my heart says 9z950!
Price has increased slightly to £1,659.99. John Lewis are still matching this and their £100 e-voucher promotion is available until 9th June. I've taken the plunge. Thanks for the tip.

I will of course now be watching prices like a hawk for next 28 days,

With the new Philips oleds coming out in July what sort of prices do you think we can expect for the old stock.

With the new Philips oleds coming out in July what sort of prices do you think we can expect for the old stock.

There have been some good prices for the 55" 754 (£889) & 65" 854 (£1499) in recent weeks - I doubt those prices will be beaten.

As any brand's new OLED's will be priced much higher at launch, people tend to look for the previous year's models - as stock runs low the price is more likely to go in the other direction due to basic supply & demand logic.

You see the same pattern every year - Black Friday is usually the lowest point. Prices edge up thereafter, with retailers taking advantage of people buying TV's as Christmas presents for example. Prices go down a little in the New Year's sales and then back up again. Some more discounting when the new models are readying for launch (often getting back to the Black Friday prices) and then back up again once the stock starts to run low.

This year may be a little different given the state of the economy and people's ability to buy premium TV's - I guess time will tell.

only comes with a 1 year warranty and says grade a, I personally would spend the extra 75 quid for 5 year warranty and brand new.

Fun times deciding this!

Trying to decide between this and the 55AG9, missed that recently at £1699 Sevenoaks over Bank Holiday. Where have you seen the A8 at £1620, please

Trying to decide between this and the 55AG9, missed that recently at £1699 Sevenoaks over Bank Holiday. Where have you seen the A8 at £1620, please
Curry's, code is TVSUMMER10 for 179 quid off. They have a prize draw thing for the TV potentially being free, not that should sway buying it but it's making more tempted to buy from curry's rather than getting RS to price match it just for the chance xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom