OLED Price Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
HDTVTest finally did a review: OLED v Plasma. OLED wins hands down - of motion he says "HZ2000 matched VT65s motion clarity with BFI "min" and IFC on", the only difference was in 24p the "natural slight judder from 24p motion" looks ever so better on plasma, but turning IFC on made it better on OLED, but with a slight "soap opera" effect. So its a bit of a compromise, but he's still talking of extremely small differences.
Dam.. and I was just about to order a new 77" 8k HDR plasma 😭😭

Can't be true, you will never buy a new tv :( :laugh:
What's your latest plan this week tv wise? :blush:
I thought I would agonise over whether a 77” GX was worth it while my wife spends double on ‘drapes’ :laugh:

Just to say, I bought a 65" CX from Costco just now, and it's £2399 inc delivery (and with those £100 earphones) :smashin:

That is £100 cheaper than the C9 was at this time last year. 👍🏼

Just to say, I bought a 65" CX from Costco just now, and it's £2399 inc delivery (and with those £100 earphones) :smashin:
Hmm good price right now! How is the Costco warranty? Not as good as JL (who have burn in protection I think)?

Hmm good price right now! How is the Costco warranty? Not as good as JL (who have burn in protection I think)?

Gotta be honest, I really don't know, but they seem to make a bit of a deal about their backup, hopefully I won't find out :)

Gotta be honest, I really don't know, but they seem to make a bit of a deal about their backup, hopefully I won't find out :)
Costco warranty is excellent, you also have 90 days to return it from purchase date if you don’t fancy it. JL warranty to include burn-in protection is £140 for 5 years. I purcashed from JL on the fact that I could also get the burn-in protection. Would normally purchase from Costco. Overall probably the two best big names out there are Costco/JL for their service and warranties.

Got the 65 GZ1500 for £1,899 and the new Sony 48 inch OLED for £1,699 from Richer sounds

For those holding out for the BX, it only seems to reach around 500 nits. The same website measured around 650 for the CX and 700 for the Sony A8.

I now own a 65GZ1000 which can do around 800 nits. My DX902 did 880 nits full field and 1300 nits and I am finding the HDR and overall picture quality to be more impactful and consistent on the OLED.
The DX was good on its own but this one is an another leve when it comes to overall picture quality.

I now own a 65GZ1000 which can do around 800 nits. My DX902 did 880 nits full field and 1300 nits and I am finding the HDR and overall picture quality to be more impactful and consistent on the OLED.
The DX was good on its own but this one is an another leve when it comes to overall picture quality.

OLED is just superior to the 902B and every LCD, especially in HDR where the gap is gigantic because of the specular highlight detail.

I do remember stating it in the 902B thread a while ago, and people were adamant for HDR the 902B bettered it due to the brightness on full field.. but it simply doesn't. HDR isn't about blaring brightness, its about control if that brightness for specular highlight detail combined with the increased colour gamut.

Without the pixel level control, HDR ends up looking very messy.

Nice find JSM15 ta for the post👍
48” With B&W soundbar.....that would be a perfect bedroom Telly....but price?
Needs to get a fair bit below a grand....
OK I’ll settle for £999 😀

I bought the Philips 65” 854 4/5 months ago for £1499. Very much doubt that CX is £800 better. Thought I’d be kicking myself by now with big discounts on the current models.. nope !
Black Fri etc. now on the horizon......wait till you NEED hdmi2.1 before you buy, if possible ...you could be looking at getting that TV + nextgen console for the current CX TV price. Thoughts?

79DF2B8F-E2C3-4DF0-BFA1-17985CDAFCC7.jpeg
7817DF30-2A43-4604-A0D2-E2742DBA2592.jpeg

Still happy with my purchase from JL to get the burn in protection and accidental cover. Just hope the price doesn’t plummet too much!

If you buy a new model at this time of year, I'm afraid the price is only going in one direction ;)

It will be interesting to see if the CX hits the same Black Friday prices as the C9 did last year (£1699 for the 65").

Don't you still get the 28-day price guarantee though with JL if the price does drop after purchase?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom