OLED Price Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
JL and RS will price match THT - you just have to be quick as THT have a habit of changing their prices in-day, in an apparent attempt to thwart price matches.
I’ve emailed 2 stores I am close to. One has said he won’t price match THT as it only delivers to certain addresses in Scotland or something. He has sent me a link to another site that he could price match at 1279 however. I will wait to see what the other store says before making a decision.

I’ve emailed 2 stores I am close to. One has said he won’t price match THT as it only delivers to certain addresses in Scotland or something. He has sent me a link to another site that he could price match at 1279 however. I will wait to see what the other store says before making a decision.

My apologies - I didn't realise that they don't deliver nationwide. I fall within their delivery area so have always had JL price matches approved.

My apologies - I didn't realise that they don't deliver nationwide. I fall within their delivery area so have always had JL price matches approved.

No worries mate, I wouldn’t have thought there would be a retailer out there these days with a limited delivery radius. Preston richer sounds have offered me an alternative price match at 1279 so I think I am going to take that.

No worries mate, I wouldn’t have thought there would be a retailer out there these days with a limited delivery radius. Preston richer sounds have offered me an alternative price match at 1279 so I think I am going to take that.

RS are probably matching these guys, plus an extra £20 off

RS are probably matching these guys, plus an extra £20 off

Yeah that’s the one. He sent me the link to it. They are holding one for me and I am going to collect it now.

I think I've finally decided on this TV. Do we think the price will drop further in the coming weeks/months? Or should i just take the plunge?

The cheapest it's been was £1095 during BF, though I think Costco had it for fractionally less.

I can't say if you'll be able to pick it up for less than £1149 before it's discontinued - if it does go any cheaper then I will be surprised if it's any more than about £50.

The replacement for the GZ950 hasn't been announced yet, suggesting that it may not be out until the summer. The other Panasonic OLED's are due between May and July.

I guess it depends on existing stock levels and when Panasonic stop manufacturing the GZ950 - if they stop making it soon then the price may start going the wrong way due to simple supply & demand logic.

I've got a JL price match on the 55" at £1149 - the only reason I have put this on hold is that I would prefer a 65" ....even though the 55" is probably more suited to the room size.

The cheapest it's been was £1095 during BF, though I think Costco had it for fractionally less.

I can't say if you'll be able to pick it up for less than £1149 before it's discontinued - if it does go any cheaper then I will be surprised if it's any more than about £50.

The replacement for the GZ950 hasn't been announced yet, suggesting that it may not be out until the summer. The other Panasonic OLED's are due between May and July.

I guess it depends on existing stock levels and when Panasonic stop manufacturing the GZ950 - if they stop making it soon then the price may start going the wrong way due to simple supply & demand logic.

I've got a JL price match on the 55" at £1149 - the only reason I have put this on hold is that I would prefer a 65" ....even though the 55" is probably more suited to the room size.
Brillant thanks for taking the time to reply. I think I'm going to take the plunge. Time to get some price matching.

It'll be my first new telly for nearly 7 years so very excited to get one now.

Brillant thanks for taking the time to reply. I think I'm going to take the plunge. Time to get some price matching.

It'll be my first new telly for nearly 7 years so very excited to get one now.
I can barely go 7 months :(

Your 7 years, My 7 months.. 77.. 77" oled.. it's a sign, I need a 77"er.

If you have the telly on hold it might be worth consdiering that the website has sold out and put the price back up so might make your decision about the 55 or waiting for the 65 to drop.
By the time I got to Currys to price match the telly had sold out so back to waiting for me.

If you have the telly on hold it might be worth consdiering that the website has sold out and put the price back up so might make your decision about the 55 or waiting for the 65 to drop.
By the time I got to Currys to price match the telly had sold out so back to waiting for me.

Thanks. I had a JL match approved at the beginning of the month at £1149. As it only had a few days 'life' left, I decided to submit a new request this morning after seeing that THT had dropped the price back to £1149.

This was approved just over an hour ago, so I'm fine for another 28 days ;)

I can see that it's just sold out with THT and the price is back to £1299.

That's a shame. Were you trying to get a Currys price match with THT? Might be worth calling Currys next time, so that they can check the competitor website and approve before you leave the house.

I can't speak for Currys but with John Lewis, once it's approved, then it doesn't matter if the competitor sells out in the meantime.

That's a shame. Were you trying to get a Currys price match with THT? Might be worth calling Currys next time, so that they can check the competitor website and approve before you leave the house.

I can't speak for Currys but with John Lewis, once it's approved, then it doesn't matter if the competitor sells out in the meantime.
Yeah I was, I will try John Lewis next time I reckon especially if they hold it for 30 days. Thanks for your help.

C9 purchased from Richer Sounds for 1279 ona price match. Had a play about with it for a couple of hours and I’m very pleased with it so far. Heading out now for an anniversary meal with my wife so I’ll have to wait before properly using it.

Attachments

• 59B43CDF-25E2-46A7-BDF6-B82D917D404E.jpeg
    59B43CDF-25E2-46A7-BDF6-B82D917D404E.jpeg
    317.6 KB · Views: 75
C9 purchased from Richer Sounds for 1279 ona price match. Had a play about with it for a couple of hours and I’m very pleased with it so far. Heading out now for an anniversary meal with my wife so I’ll have to wait before properly using it.
You will have some tough choices to make when you get home tonight :rotfl: :blush::smashin:

55" B9 for £1099 as it's currently £200 off with their voucher code. I believe Currys will also price match against discount codes if you'd prefer to go to a store.

Attachments

• Voucher.png
    Voucher.png
    19.7 KB · Views: 40

55" B9 for £1099 as it's currently £200 off with their voucher code. I believe Currys will also price match against discount codes if you'd prefer to go to a store.
I’ve had confirmation from Richer Sounds that they will price match against that offer too.

If you know anyone that gets Currys discount through some kind of work benefits site too then you can get the price even lower. I get 6% off at Currys when purchasing Currys gift cards through my employers benefits website, the missus gets 8% through her benefits though. We got Currys to price match a site I found the 55" B9 at for £1075...paying with the discounted gift card means we got it for £989.

It's no longer on sale....it was 1 hour ago :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom