Oled Replacement Offer

Stueg

Novice Member
Reaction score
My LG OLED E7N has just been written off by Domestic and General and they have offered me a B9 as a replacement. I’m not going to accept the offer as I don’t think it’s a like for like replacement.
Has anyone been down this road with them before and if so what was the outcome? Also in the current market which tv would be the closest current match? I have looked for another E series but it has been discontinued and replaced with GX series. Would this be a fairer replacement?

Same happened to me 6 months ago
E7 written off, offered B9, paid £150-170 for C9 upgrade (and to be honest was happy with that)
Around the same time other forum members didn’t accept B9 and managed to get the E9 free after kicking up.
So if you push you may get GX free or worst case a small paid upgrade (and it is an upgrade, picture quality has improved since 2017).

My E7 had slight tint but bad banding after 2000 hours
The C9 currently have perfect uniformity

Good luck

Same happened to me 6 months ago
E7 written off, offered B9, paid £150-170 for C9 upgrade (and to be honest was happy with that)
brand-dark.svg
About our ads
You may also like
Around the same time other forum members didn’t accept B9 and managed to get the E9 free after kicking up.
So if you push you may get GX free or worst case a small paid upgrade (and it is an upgrade, picture quality has improved since 2017).

My E7 had slight tint but bad banding after 2000 hours
The C9 currently have perfect uniformity

Good luck

That’s a good outcome, I think I will push for the GX series, what’s the equivalent C series at the moment? Another thing I was going to ask was will D&G let me get the tv through Peter Tyson? I’ve always got my stuff through them and trust them in their expertise. I would also like to see the tv before I get it and Peter Tyson’s is local to me.

I had a E7, so settled for the C9 but in theory if like for like it should have been an E9.
So your E7 should be an E series but as LG has dropped that series, it would be the CX or the higher spec GX. The GX is gorgeous but is a fair bit pricier as it folds away flat to the wall.
D&G supplied straight from LG, I didn’t have a choice so you only get the 1 year warranty, of course you can extend it with D&G for £6-8/m for peace of mind.
I actually took it up in case I get bands come 2000 hrs.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info mate, deffo think warranty is the way forward with these OLEDs!

I know with Curry's care plan you would get a replacement based on similar specs therefore a B9 would probably be very similar in terms of performance than your older OLED

The policy I have states like for like or similar, I would think that you would get the same series offered, e for e, in this case the e series is discontinued so therefore the GX then the CX and then B. If the TVs were say cars it would be like swapping out scirocco for a polo. I’m not saying there is anything wrong with the B9, it’s a great tv, but it is LG’s entry level oled.

What was the fault requiring an upgrade?

My LG OLED E7N has just been written off by Domestic and General and they have offered me a B9 as a replacement. I’m not going to accept the offer as I don’t think it’s a like for like replacement.
Has anyone been down this road with them before and if so what was the outcome? Also in the current market which tv would be the closest current match? I have looked for another E series but it has been discontinued and replaced with GX series. Would this be a fairer replacement?

Be interested to know how you get on with D and G, as my Blu Ray recorder was written off, and they've offered me a DVD recorder as a replacement which I've rejected. I got that fed up of being passed from pillar to post on the phone, I've made a complaint through Resolver, which may take longer, but if they choose to ignore it, I can go to the Ombudsman.

I’ve been offered LG CX5 but have to pay £280, is it worth the extra cash?

I’ve been offered LG CX5 but have to pay £280, is it worth the extra cash?

It depends if you can afford the extra cash.

I liked my E6 before it went wrong, and now have a CX.

Unfortunately E6 is no longer available, so I was given voucher to replace with E9, but I chose to pay extra for the CX just because it is the latest.

Can I ask how much extra you paid? I wasn’t offered swap for another e series, just a b9, how did you get vouchers? I asked about getting them for Peter Tyson’s but they wouldn’t.

Can I ask how much extra you paid? I wasn’t offered swap for another e series, just a b9, how did you get vouchers? I asked about getting them for Peter Tyson’s but they wouldn’t.

The E6 had 3D and was more expensive to buy than the E7, which is why was given value of an E9 by Currys on their own warranty included in price of TV, which I think is D&G anyway.

I paid an extra £100 to get £1599 for the 55CX using price match, but the prices have gone up since I had mine in June.

They seem to be £1699 now at most online shops.

Yeah Curry’s is D&G, I’m hoping to get vouchers for a shop so I can get the 5 year warranty for free, don’t think D&G will throw that one in for nothing!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom