Question Omen 15 rtx 2060 or Acer predator Helios 300 1660ti

IntricateZee

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello, thank you in advance for your help, I'm undecided between these two, both same price where I live specs:
Omen 15: i7-8750H, rtx 2060, 16 RAM, 15.6" 1920 x 1080 144hz g-sync, USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C™ with Thunderbolt™ 3
Acer: i7-9750H, 1660ti, 16 RAM, 17.3 1920 x 1080 144hz, no g-sync, no thunderbolt
Thank you for your input

If your using for gaming purposes then you would want g-sync but the problem with the omen is it is apparently slated for bad thermal performance which leads to thermal throttling of both CPU and GPU.

The link below gives you some of the reasoning as to why g-sync would be good to have:
Is G Sync Worth It in 2019? All You Need to Know About Nvidia's Tech - Make Tech Easier
Yeah but I've been reading conflicting reviews about the thermals of both of them, ranging from saying a simple undervolting and cooling pad would do it to needing a new thermal paste. I'm so confused

You would never renew the thermal paste on a new laptop anyway as you would negate the warranty.

What use will you put the lappy to?

You would never renew the thermal paste on a new laptop anyway as you would negate the warranty.

What use will you put the lappy to?
Mostly gaming, for long hours so thermals are an issue, I have two ACs in my appartment so room temp is not an issue if that has any importance

No the room temp shouldn't be an issue unless your living in a desert.

So if you read and understood the g-sync link. My guess is with your gaming g-sync will be something you are concerned about.

No the room temp shouldn't be an issue unless your living in a desert.

So if you read and understood the g-sync link. My guess is with your gaming g-sync will be something you are concerned about.
Yesss definitely but as I'm limited with these two choices, I don't wanna end up with an overheating gsync-equipped piece

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom