Quantcast

Onkyo 876 standby/red light blinks when connected to another amp via rca.

samlowry

Standard Member
Hello folks,

Obviously I'm a noob and I made some connections that triggers the Onkyo's protect mode.

I connected preouts left and right to another amp's rca input. turning on the amp (yamaha rxv1200) triggers the standby blinking mode. I hope I didn't hurt the amp... but jeeez, I don't understand how it could've possible threatened to damage my amp when it's an input and without power.... Any thoughts?

thanks

paulr2006

Distinguished Member
Someone on these forums had the same problem with a 905 if I remember correctly, he was effectively using the 905 as a pre-amp. but could not get it to work without it going into protection mode. I believe Genserve (the UK Service Agents) could not offer a solution.

samlowry

Standard Member
yaiks... I hope I'm just doing something wrong. I plan to use a power-amp in the near future to power my 4 ohm speakers.

but I didn't do anything out of the ordinary, right? connectin rca outs and ins shouldn't cause problems... unless Onkyos are very sensitive.

thanks

paulr2006

Distinguished Member
Yes I think they are sensitive for some reason, I would speak to the Service agents for advice :)

Top Bottom