Question Onkyo RC-970R Volume Help

momotachikawa

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Recently, we installed an Onkyo RC-970R. The volume is sometimes too low and sometimes too high. For example, sometimes when watching a TV show the volume is fine, but then suddenly gets super loud when it changes to a commercial. Any suggestions on how to stabilize the volume so it doesn't do this?

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the Forum.

That situation is not at all unusual, happens on this side of the pond as well. You should look through the audio settings on the Onkyo as there is probably a balance setting that will even out the loud and quiet sections of an audio feed. Unfortunately it can compress the audio a little too much and spoil the overall audio. Personally I record all my TV programmes that have commercials in them and fast forward through that section. Problem solved, audio quality kept.

Thanks for the suggestion! We got rid of DVR so unfortunately, it won't be possible to skip through the commercials. I looked to see if there was a balance setting to even out the loud and quiet sections of the audio feed, but unfortunately, I couldn't find anything. Any other suggestions?

Unfortunately I'm not an Onkyo owner.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom