Answered Onkyo reference level??

tim1982

Established Member
Reaction score
I have an onkyo txnr676e av receiver and it does not have an option to change the sound level from a number (0-100) to db. This is making it hard for me to know at what point is reference (0db). Any ideas on how I can find out what number would be equal to 0db?

TX-NR509 "Reference Level" after Audyssey calibration. might help?
It could be the same for your model amp? (You sure the scale is 0-100? 0-79 is more usual for Onkyo. My 515 would be alarmingly loud at 66 - I listen well below that volume as I value my hearing.

I've walked out of live performances when it's too loud.

deci (1/10 of) a Bel (dB) {from Alexander Graham Bell a name so a capital letter, always}

TX-NR509 "Reference Level" after Audyssey calibration. might help?
It could be the same for your model amp? (You sure the scale is 0-100? 0-79 is more usual for Onkyo. My 515 would be alarmingly loud at 66 - I listen well below that volume as I value my hearing.

I've walked out of live performances when it's too loud.

deci (1/10 of) a Bel (dB) {from Alexander Graham Bell a name so a capital letter, always}
Yes dial goes from 0 to 100, loudest I've had it is 65 and my ears started ringing! Thanks for the info I'll have a look

Yes dial goes from 0 to 100, loudest I've had it is 65 and my ears started ringing! Thanks for the info I'll have a look

At that point you’re listening at approx -15db on the Relative Scale.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom