Onkyo TX SR606 Blinking red light

Reich Master

Standard Member
Reaction score
So, after somehow magically fixing my other issue with this receiver. I have come to turn it on today after some light gaming the night before and all that happens is:

The receiver turns on and shows the current output for about 7 seconds, then it clicks off and the standby light flashes?

Any suggestions?

Its sounds as though the receiver's protection mode is kicking in?

A protection circuit is activated when the sensor in the receiver detects excessive heat or voltage irregularities. Using speakers with the incorrect impedance and running the receiver at excessive volumes for a prolonged period will trigger the protection circuit. When the device goes into protect mode, the unit will shut down, and the standby light will blink continually. This prevents the fuse from blowing.

Check all the speaker wiring and look for any stray strands that may be shorting the receiver out.

Unplug the receiver's power cord from the wall and leave unplugged for at least one hour. Remove all speaker and audio cables from the back of the receiver while waiting.

Reconnect the power cord after at least one hour has passed. Leave the speaker and audio cables disconnected.

Turn the receiver on and turn the volume to the maximum setting. Leave the receiver on for 30 seconds. If the receiver shuts off and goes back into protect mode you will need to contact your Onkyo dealer.

Turn the volume back to the minimum setting and turn off the receiver.

Unplug the power cord again from the wall and then reconnect the speaker and audio cables.

Plug the power cord back in and then power then turn on the receiver.

Well I know my speakers are okay as ive been using them for 2 days without issue. Ive got the unit here with nothing connected to it except the power cable. That hasn't worked so i'll leave it for and hour and see if it works. If not, could you advise where I stand on trying to get my money back? Stupidly I bought this from someone on gumtree and all seemed to be working fine till the other day when I started to get picture quality issues then this issue? (I purchased it less than a week ago btw)

Thanks,
Reich.

You have no rights to any money back. You purchased secondhand goods from a private seller and as such are not protected by UK consumer law. There's no obligation for a seller to refund you anything in such instances. If they do decide to give you your money back then it would be simply a gesture of good will.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom