Online VR buying guides aren't very helpful to noobs.

cyber

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello.

I've been looking into a vr set, but I'm finding the online buying guides assume a lot, and aren't geared toward specific needs (which is understandable).

With that said, if the need is solely to use a treadmill and make it look like you're somewhat running or walking on a trail, etc, what would you use? Aside from the treadmill. lol

Thanks!

Last edited:
VR used with a normal treadmill is highly dangerous (if that's what you mean?) but if your intentions are to work up a sweat in VR then games like Creed and Racket Fury on Quest might be the solution for you. They come closer to the reality of the sport then most other sports games due to the near similar space in VR and to real world movement with no tethering restrictions.

I can't vouch for quest, personally but I enjoy and get awesome workouts with those two games in PSVR. So I expect the experience to be even better given the untethered quest. The only concern compare to psvr or pc vr is if the quest refresh rate is acceptable enough for those games.

Anyone with Quest play creed/racket fury? What's your experience? Can the refresh rate and inside out tracking keep up? Any other workout games?

Worth pointing out too that if you just used a standard treadmill that's sat in your gym or whatever, the VR experience would not register that you were moving.

The sensors might detect that you're jogging on the spot or something like that, but they won't register movement, because you won't actually be moving.

Ok. This all doesn't sound like a good idea.

Thank you for the replies.

Just tried out a Vive Pro at a VR game Centre to see if I want to buy one.
No thanks .not for me.so pixely like a 80s Mario game

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom