Onward 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
Thanks Cas. Watched this last night with the family! The pic quality was truly stellar! Movie was good too. A decent family watch!

Last edited:
Thanks again Cas, got this coming tomorrow, one to look forward to by the sound of things.

I agree Cas. One of the best Pixar films for a long time for me. It resonated far more than Inside Out and Coco. PQ was stunning through the US Disney+ stream.

Thanks Cas. Love Pixar stuff, & this sounds another one to watch. My rental list is getting longer & longer!

One of the last films I watched at my local Cinema before lockdown, for me it was one of the weaker Disney/Pixar recent releases.

However, I did enjoy the film, Tom Holland and Chris Pratt worked well to together...! Looked and sounded amazing but I found the story a bit tiresome, couldn't connect to the main character's.

Overall it's a 7/10 for me.

One of the poorest films from Pixar imo. Didn’t enjoy it at all. ☹ Can’t quite put a finger on why I didn’t like it...didn’t think the storyline was there at all.

Last edited:
Any confirmation over the bonus disc?

Took a while to get going, I thought. Although by the end I was on board and I thought then ending was beautifully done. I'm not crying, you're crying.

Watched this with the family last night, but streaming version. Enjoyed it.....not laugh out loud but a lot of heart.

Thanks for the review, may rent it to see it in 4k

Not one my kids ask to go back to... But they did sit through it - so I'd probably give it a 7/10. Was very pretty though!

Typical Disney to cheap out on the HDR and extras. For one of the biggest companies in the world they're certainly one of the most penny-pinching.

I thought the film itself was very average, second tier, compared to some of Pixar/Disneys classics. None of my children or I would be interested in watching it again. I think its an OK rental or something to watch on Disney+ rather than a disk purchase.

I thought Onward was excellent. There are numerous laugh out loud moments and it really hits home with some of the emotional stuff. I really liked the concept as well

It also looks fantastic

@Casimir Harlow

Was yours the UK version Cas, if so did it have the bonus disc?

I picked up the US disc, but have the UK as well, and no, despite clearly saying so, it doesn't have a 'bonus disc'. That'll be going back, although Zoom are terrible at returns/complaints/refunds.

Amazon UK have updated the box art work and no bonus disc for UK 4K, so no sale for me

I just watched the 4K tonight for the first time. Fun movie that really touched my heart. Great story and the animation was excellent. The picture was very sharp and clear. As far as the sound goes for the Dolby Atmos it was really awesome. I watched the US version of this 4K. Overall I thought this was a solid Disney movie and recommend it for anybody to check out.

We finally got to watch this (On Disney+). Really excellent Movie, and we loved every minute of it.
The Dad with the fake top attached was very "Weekend at Bernies" (One of SWMBO's favourite Movies)
In terms of an Animated Movie 10/10 here

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom