Opening separate browser instances

sobeitjedi

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi.

Using Windows 10
I have 4 monitors

What I want to achieve is on startup, four separate browser windows to open, going to specific urls, one on each monitor. So when the pc is restarted, it will load back up with the 4 screens showing as I wish (no dragging, moving, retyping in, etc)

Currently using Firefox, but open to using anything you recommend. Ideally I want them running in a private window, with the toolbars hidden (full screen view).

Any suggestions?

A new window and private mode are shortcut command line options you'd expect most browsers to have, firefox certainly does.

Specifying window locations isn't always available though, and a quick search suggests current versions of firefox don't have it.

It's stored in the profile though and they do have the ability to load a profile from a shortcut command line option. That would obviously have lots of other effects though, such as different settings between the windows. So I'm not sure if you'd find it a desirable solution.

New window and private mode are shortcut commands, but I cannot get them to work. Get a message along the lines of ... another instance of Firefox is already running , etc

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom